About Offensive Security
Offensive Security (OffSec) is the world’s most trusted provider of cyber security training and certification. Our rigorous training programs are industry-standard and our certified alumni highly sought-after. We help businesses, government, and educational institutions become more secure. We help individuals enter or advance their careers in cyber security.
Built upon the belief that the only way to achieve sound defensive security is to take an offensive approach, we help people develop the Try Harder mindset with hands-on, real-world like labs, and equip them with the skills to succeed in tackling the challenges of cyber security in everyday life and work. Our mission is to empower the world to fight cyber threats by inspiring the Try Harder mindset.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us!
About the Job
Hi Product Leaders! Are you passionate about building and leading a talented product team to deliver the world’s best cybersecurity training, striving to close the talent gap in cybersecurity today? Are you looking to work in a culture where people treat each other like family and love what they do? Are you excited about being scrappy, always innovating to find creative, practical, and efficient solutions? Are you proud of building the product team into a well oiled machine, delivering features timely that simply wow users? This might be for you!
Our team is growing and needs individuals with the grit to inspire, craft, and execute amazing new visions for our training product portfolio. Come be a partner with our executive team, help create the future of cybersecurity workforce development, training and education products, automate the mundane, and embrace the creative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the product vision to achieve the company vision by obtaining a deep understanding of the marketplace, audience, users, competitors, and opportunities
- Translate product vision into actionable strategies, executable product plans, and a product roadmap.
- Identify opportunities that lead to the growth of the product through innovation while still maintaining the fundamental business goals/priorities
- Works closely with the engineering, sales, marketing, and other departments to get their input in developing the product roadmap, inform them of the product vision and roadmap, and launch and deliver products and features into the market.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to implementation
- Develop processes needed to run product development efficiently, prioritize product decisions, and launch products.
- Define the business case and product requirements for new features
- Use data-driven analytical approach and customer feedback to measure and improve product/feature effectiveness and improvements Make cross-functional, strategic trade-offs with the impact to business as the key context.
- Create and empower a professional product management discipline..
- Set cross-company product management processes.
- Recruit, hire, grow and mentor the product team, including PM, UX and BA to achieve company goals and their personal development plans.
- Cultivates an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrates a strong sense of ownership
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to excellence, team culture, and living the OffSec values
- 10+ years experience in consumer-facing internet product management
- 5+ years of experience building and managing teams, including management of multiple people managers
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle
- Good cross-disciplinary collaboration experience between engineering, product management, project management, technical operations, and internal stakeholders
- Experience with e-learning platform highly appreciated
- Experience with cybersecurity a very nice to have
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Solid emotional intelligence and people skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, proactive self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality software in a high-performance team environment
- This position is for work from home
- Team members are located throughout North America and Europe
- This position requires accessibility to Offensive Security systems and interfaces, and adherence to all security protocols and policies.
Location Preference: North America