Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
This role is responsible for partnering with the US Marketing and Sales teams to bring Xero strategies to life through Xero-hosted and Xero-sponsored events. This role connects global events strategy, regional marketing and sales strategy and delivers experiences that amplify those strategies. This role sets the strategy for events, executes those events and reports on event results.
You’ll coach and enable Events Managers to ensure the strategic vision for Xero in the US flows through our events.
What you’ll do
- Plan, execute and optimize the annual Xero events calendar in coordination with US Marketing, US Sales and global teams.
- Determine venues and execute contracts for all US events.
- Administer budget as set by the US Head of Marketing and global teams where relevant.
- Organize and coordinate the necessary travel, venues, refreshments, stands, banners, collateral, AV, other equipment, broadband connectivity and prizes in support of each event.
- Maintain a plan and run-sheet for each event.
- Brief invitation communications, online event listing, registration requirements and printed collateral and ensure assets are executed on time and on brand.
- Manage stock levels of printed collateral and coordinate print house relationships.
- Conduct post-event review and socialize key learnings, ROI, and attendee follow-up to determine event success.
- Monitor competitive activations and stay abreast of event trends to ensure Xero events remain cutting edge.
- Ideate new events and/or activations to further bring Xero’s strategy to life in key communities.
- Hire, manage, coach and mentor US Event Managers.
- Support, lead and manage internal Xero events where appropriate.
- Collaborate and engage with global events & experience teams to ensure Xero’s global strategy is appropriately executed in the US market.
What Success Looks like
- Coordinated, well-produced events that elevate Xero’s brand in key communities
- Meeting or exceeding US event KPIs
- Refining, optimizing and scaling out events & experience strategy in the US
What you’ll bring with you
- A passion for SaaS and the online accounting market
- Understanding of CRM systems
- SaaS industry knowledge
- Exceptional events experience
- Team leadership
- Creativity and willingness to consistently evaluate activities to determine highest ROI
- Ability to influence and drive events strategy within US Marketing, US Sales and global teams.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Attention to detail, follow-up, and accountability
- Be process driven and willing to take ownership