Startuplifers is on a mission to nurture the next generation of builders in the Nordics. We are a not-for-profit organization that has been connecting talented tech, design, and business students and graduates from Finnish and Swedish universities and UASs with the best startups in Silicon Valley and beyond since 2011.
Building on the experience made through Startuplifers, the majority of our 250+ alumni are now playing an essential role in the fastest-growing Nordic startups like Wolt, Varjo, Blok, Singa, Valohai, Matchmade, Smartly.io, and many more. In addition to offering startup jobs, we help students and recent graduates in the Nordics land a job by providing job search advice, organizing career support workshops and networking opportunities.
About the role
At Startuplifers, we value our strong relationships with talent and partners, and we are looking for a driven, outgoing individual to spearhead our community engagement and development. This is your opportunity to have full ownership of the community strategy from definition to execution and rub shoulders with game changers in the startup ecosystem, all while having fun working with a great team!
This is a fixed-term, full-time position. We are a remote-first company with an office based in Startup Sauna, Otaniemi. While we are remote-first, you are expected to be able to participate in events and visit our partners in the Helsinki region frequently. Please note that we are unfortunately not able to provide relocation support.
What is in it for you
- You will build strong relationships and collaborate with different players in the heart of the buzzing Finnish startup ecosystem.
- Engage with our networks in Silicon Valley.
- Plenty of autonomy. You get to shape your own work, tasks, and the way you work.
- A supportive, flexible, and international working environment.
You will make an impact by…
- being the go-to person for our talent and alumni community.
- developing our community engagement and relationships within the startup ecosystem.
- organizing and hosting events (on- and offline, when this is possible again) to increase our brand awareness and attract talent.
- developing networking opportunities and collaboration with different organizations.
- participating in social media marketing activities and campaign creation.
This role is for you, if you are…
- familiar with community engagement. You have some professional experience in managing a social media community and events.
- an innate networker and relationship builder. For you, connecting with and talking to new people is like second nature and you excel in communicating in English.
- the proud owner of a growth mindset. You don’t have to know everything, but you should be excited about learning a lot to get things done.
- impact-driven. You are passionate about helping young people to outgrow their potential and committed to making an impact with technology.