Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the role:
We are looking for a Group Product Manager to own the product vision and roadmap for several of our largest service verticals. The GPM will initially both manage a team of PMs and be responsible for delivering as an individual contributor, with the opportunity to transition into a full-time leadership role. We are looking for a leader who takes a portfolio approach to his/her areas of product ownership and will be responsible for developing a repeatable and scalable playbook for category vertical growth.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a product vision and roadmap for a portfolio of teams that is aligned with the long-term vision of the company
- Partner with leadership and business stakeholders to define objectives and key results for your teams that are aligned with north star business goals
- Evangelize your product vision, strategy, roadmap, and goals to senior leadership and other key stakeholders throughout the org to drive alignment
- Deeply understand customer needs and use data + customer insights to create delightful customer experiences
- Think beyond the bounds of digital product to figure out how we deliver value in the real world
- Build, develop, and lead a high performing team of product managers to deliver on your vision and roadmap
- Remove any obstacles, ambiguities, or other friction that are getting in the way of your PMs doing their best work
- Partner with engineering, design, and analytics leadership to help us continue improving our processes and become a best-in-class product organization
- Optimize portfolio-level collaboration with marketing, CX, ops, legal, BI/analytics, and finance to ensure successful product launches
- Lead weekly initiative meetings and own communication around recent launches, key product and business metrics, changes to roadmap priorities, and critical escalations
Who you are:
- Customer driven: you empathize with customer problems and needs, and anchor your work back to solving for the customer
- Biased for action: you operate with a sense of urgency, make good decisions with incomplete data, and are constantly optimizing for learning
- Fiercely resilient: you aren’t easily knocked down; you embrace blockers and obstacles as challenges to solve instead of constraints you’re willing to live with
- A team builder: you are excited by the chance to build a diverse, well-rounded team of high performing product managers
- A big thinker: you can look across your portfolio of products and business and are able to come up with a strategy that helps your team understand what needs to be done and why
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P&Ls
- A data expert: you can analyze and understand large data sets and filter out the noise, distilling the complex to be simple. You can use this data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
Skills and Experience needed for success:
- 5+ years of experience in product management, with 1+ years leading high-performance teams in fast-paced, digitally native organizations
- Experience managing and coaching PMs; passion for creating an environment where creative solutions are nurtured
- A track record of innovating on behalf of customers and developing ‘new to the world’ products
- Deep experience A/B testing fast and at scale
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions and levels seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Superior communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely, including with senior leadership, and can tailor your message to your audience
- Graduate degree preferred but not required
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $110,000 – $190,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world