Who We Are
Cobalt is a fast-growing startup that is redefining pentesting and making cybersecurity easier and more accessible. Our Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform, coupled with an exclusive global community of testers, delivers the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base, and a global outlook. Our remote-first team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced, and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
As the Group Manager of Product Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring the broader Product Development team is operating at a high level. You are a key member of the Product and Design leadership team, working directly with product management, design, engineering and many other cross-functional teams. You will manage a team of product operations managers, recruit and retain world class talent, and grow the careers of the existing team members.
Through building strong connections with our go to market teams, you'll ensure communication and launch of our latest product releases are done in a timely manner. You will identify and create necessary processes and procedures to remove friction points in team and cross-team collaboration. Your main mission is to ensure that teams have the process, tools, and resources to execute in a manner that enables quality at speed.
Your team will empower Cobalters with product knowledge, ensure a tight product feedback loop, and coordinate smooth, high-quality feature launches. This role is highly cross-functional and will be a critical lever for us to deliver more value to more users, faster. By nature you are an excellent communicator.
This role reports to the Chief Product Officer.
- Serve as “Chief of Staff” for the CPO, attending key product management meetings and helping to ensure execution of Product team decisions.
- Be the point of contact for meetings outside the team such as Company All Hands meetings.
- Collaborate on the team’s vision and mission with the CPO and Sr. Director of Product and educate/communicate cross-functionally.
- Own and manage key meetings such as product leadership meetings, team meetings, and launch readiness meetings.
- Own the definition, documentation and execution of our product management and design processes, treating them as a product.
- Ensure key internal documentation/artifacts such as the product roadmap is updated and communicated in an effective and timely manner.
- Plan, coordinate, and drive discipline around the processes for user betas, launches, global rollouts and migrations.
- Ensure user-facing teams are ready to support new products by identifying and driving necessary processes and documentation (E.g., internal training, sales playbooks, technical support documentation, resolution paths, FAQs, etc).
- Ensure product teams have the right tools and data required to prioritize the most important items to work on.
- Define, set up, manage, and optimize any non-technical processes to help the larger product development team meet its goals more efficiently with scale in mind.
- Build a great product operations team by identifying talent needs, recruiting and hiring.
- 7-10 years of work experience in product operations, product management, program management or operational roles that are highly cross-functional in tech.
- Experience managing a team.
- Strong project management experience in executing cross-functional projects, exceptional organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems.
- A can-do attitude and the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- A passion for delivering an outstanding user experience.
- Experience working with global team members.
Why You Should Join Us
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) pension (EU)
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Get to know your team during our quarterly team events
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary