*** Must live in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states to be eligible for hire: New York, Colorado, California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Arizona, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Texas, Washington***
At Bitly, we believe in the power of the link or scan – to start a conversation, build a relationship or grow a business. Our mission is to turn every interaction into a catalyst for connections. It’s what motivates us to help people share, promote and engage everywhere on the Internet. We do this by being relentlessly product-focused, fostering the free-flowing exchange of ideas, and inspiring people around the world to dream up new ways of using Bitly.
As General Counsel, you will manage corporate governance, commercial contracts, data privacy and compliance, intellectual property, litigation, employment law and regulatory compliance, and will serve as the primary liaison to external law firms. As a strong business partner to leadership and project teams, this person will have a broad range of legal responsibilities and advise finance, human resources, marketing, product and engineering on any legal matters. The position requires expertise in laws important to consumer privacy and B2B SaaS globally and will implement processes and strategies to mitigate risk and protect the company across all legal areas. Reporting to the CFO and as the leader of a dynamic team in a growing company, this person will think broadly and long term to ensure Bitly is positioned for success in legal matters while putting in motion new processes for protection.
- Responsible for all things legal, including the design & implementation of policies and procedures surrounding legal compliance within the SaaS industry
- Lead a small team of dedicated resources currently focused on commercial agreements with customers
- Manage external law firms, ensuring project completion and managing legal costs
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including master services agreements, consultant agreements, vendor agreements, business associate and non-disclosure agreements.
- Oversee all litigation and related matters
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders across the company such as Product, Engineering, Marketing and Trust & Safety to proactively identify potential legal and regulatory issues and translate these into actionable solutions
- Oversee global privacy and regulatory compliance
- Assess legal risks
- Partner with and advise our People team on employment law matters, policy and compliance,engaging with outside counsel as necessary.
- A JD from an ABA-accredited law school
- 10+ years legal experience, with a preference for at least 3 years experience within a SaaS company
- Experience in a high growth business environment
- Experience in a business with an international employee base. Germany specifically is a plus.
- Buy and Sell side M&A experience
- Passionate and energetic with a growth mindset
- Strong oral/ written communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and an unpredictable place: starting, releasing and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Customer First. We are fiercely committed to our customers’ success. Our Job is to ensure that our trusted platform, performance, and people help customers achieve their goals
- Growth Focused. We are building a fast growing, healthy business powered by quick learning, constant optimization, and data driven decisions
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We are a team that respects each other and values diversity and inclusion. We treat others as we’d want to be treated and uphold the highest levels of integrity in everything we do
- >(!=) Greater than, not equal to. We are driven to win, bring our “A Game” to work each day and deliver exceptional results
- Do or Do Not, There is No Try. We say what we are going to do and we do it
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership: Doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 and receive access to expert insurance guidance where available
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Partial cell phone service reimbursement
- Voluntary LegalShield for legal services and IDShield for identity theft protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and flexible work from home policies
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19, including a home office and separate WiFi stipend
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Budget for professional development opportunities, including courses and conference attendance
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities (when it is safe to do so)