Who we are
Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand, partners with the world's leading universities to help companies bridge the digital skills gap. We work with experienced instructors, innovative employers, and top institutions to power boot camps that prepare today's workers for tomorrow's jobs.
Our programs have been in existence since October 2015, and since that first class, we've launched an additional 300 classes with 50+ university partnerships. This role is in partnership with the University of Sydney.
Are you an experienced full stack web developer who is passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? Then this may be the position for you!
We believe learning a new skill, like full stack web development, should be exciting and engaging — and that starts with the instructor. You'll notice that prior teaching experience isn't a prerequisite to being an Instructor. If you bring knowledge, strong communication, and a positive energy to the classroom, you're going to help students along their transformative path to a successful and rewarding career. We'll provide the training, lesson plans, and tools to support you on your journey of impacting lives in the classroom.
Check out the program details here.
Skills & Requirements
- A positive attitude, with ability to infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the student experience.
- An ability to simplify concepts and explain things clearly and concisely in an easy to understand manner.
- Share your own professional experiences and industry knowledge with the students.
- At least 4-5 years of Full Stack Flex experience (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Full working rights in Australia to accept this fixed term, part time contract.
With a background in:
- Working with databases, server-side languages and libraries like MongoDB, MySQL, Node, Express and ORMs
- Version control (Git, Github).
What you'll do
Instructors teach and lead classroom discussions with the help of Teaching Assistants, emphasize meta-skills and core concepts, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students.
- Deliver our course content to students, while sprinkling industry insights to our lesson plans developed by our curriculum team.
- Support students during office hours before and after class.
- Answer students’ questions during the 3 hour class sessions.
- Utilize Zoom’s “breakout-rooms” feature during activities and in-class projects to assist the students, as needed.
- Provide empathy, support, and encouragement to students as they go through a life-changing experience
- 24-week contract 08 August 2022 – 23 January 2023
- Days/hours: Monday and Tuesday 6pm-10.15pm, Thursdays: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Please note: Due to COVID-19 all of our in-person classes are currently being hosted online. Our hiring process is also remote. Due to this, the below is required:
- Must have a laptop, camera, at least one additional monitor, microphone / headset, and reliable internet access.
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing preferred.
- We hope to return to in-person classes when it’s safe to do so. Given that, we have a preference for local candidates.
- Maintain your current career while teaching.
- Hone your own skills by teaching and mentoring others, solidifying knowledge and gaining or expanding on your leadership expertise.
- Be a part of a culture that invests in employee growth with ongoing training and nonstop learning.
- Get exposure to current and relevant tech as it gets updated in the curriculum.
- Expand your network by joining the thousands of industry professionals who make up our Instructional Staff.
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the community.
2U and edX join together to bring high-quality, affordable education to 40M+ learners worldwide. Potential, unlocked. Learn more