At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Projects will require close collaboration with other teams and orgs, working closely with creative and product designers, other engineers and stakeholders. These projects may occur simultaneously, so you must be able to juggle multiple concurrent initiatives. We will also expect you to champion sound frontend standards to engineers, designers, and management.
Our company moves at an extremely fast pace and is always evolving. Being adaptable to change is a necessity and so is having a great attitude.
- Be part of an inclusive, collaborative team that embraces pairing, healthy discussions and supports each other in their goals
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure
- Unblock, support and effectively communicate cross functionally in order to achieve results
- Help define the team roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Evangelize appropriate tech and engineering best practices, and occasionally give internal or external tech talks
- Leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver and rider
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience working with NodeJS and Express applications
- Experience working with design systems (e.g. Bootstrap, Salesforce Lightning, GitHub Primer)
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product and Design
- Good understanding of web performance and how browsers and DOM work
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.