Website Wunderman Thompson Commerce
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win – we win!
We need you to be really great at:
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a similar role at a software house and/or an eCommerce company and has the following skills:
- Commercial experience of unit testing/Integration/end-to-end testing
- Experience of using CSS pre-processors, CSS-in-JS (we use SASS and styled components)
- Solid understanding of the Agile methodology i.e. Story point estimation, refinement, sprint planning, retrospective, sprint demos
- Commercial experience of using version control tooling (GIT) in a large development team performing Continuous Integration
- Good understanding/awareness of Accessibility, SEO Principles, Security, Performance best practices
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills
- A desire to write readable, maintainable, modular and extendable code
- Experience in bringing multiple viewport responsive and adaptive web designs to life
- The candidate has to have good communication skills and capability to interact directly with the wider team (show and tells/requirement analysis sessions/retrospectives etc)
If you know any of this even better
- SFCC Certified Developer or SFCC Certified Architect
- Software development experience with direct Salesforce Commerce Cloud experience (Commerce Cloud certification preferred) and eCommerce feeds and integrations
- Experience in WebPack
- Additional Commercial eCommerce platform experience – Magento/Hybris /Shopify
- Knowledge of jQuery. Experience with any popular jQuery plug-in (jQuery UI, jQuery tools, jQuery Mobile, etc.) is a plus;
- Knowledge of popular CSS grid systems (Bootstrap, 960gs, Skeleton, etc…
- Assisting in recruitment in technical tests and team fit assessments
- Comfortable to juggle a mix of hands-on/hands-off with Team Lead responsibilities, effective management of workload, mentoring junior members of the team, contributing to code reviews etc
- Lead an Agile workstream of SFCC developers on an eCommerce project, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimates
- Drive forward the quality – in code, unit testing, accessibility, performance
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
- Comfortable representing front-end in a client facing capacity
- Proactive nature is a necessity, vocal, when necessary, in escalating issues and highlighting any areas that need wider team action
- Ability to converse confidently with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Architectural decisions to be agreed with Front End Architect and implemented and maintained on the project to ensure consistency and quality
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.
How? By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It’s why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Bosch, DFS, Johnson & Johnson, MAC, Nestlé, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Shell, Specialized, Tempur and Tiffany & Co.
Tell me more! We’re an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business – people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win – we win.
As our business grows internationally, we’re seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce sites and experiences in the world.
What we’ll give you:
The opportunity to work with some of the most respected brands across the world. We will give you respect for who you are, allow you to be yourself, empower you to make a difference and give you opportunities to grow and develop your skills.
We currently offer a great benefits package including a competitive discretionary bonus scheme, hybrid working that works for everyone, social events, training opportunities, competitive pension, medical insurance, life assurance, opportunities to buy and sell holidays, family friendly policies, discounts with 100’s of leading retailers and much more!
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.