The Bankrate editorial team is seeking freelance finance experts to expand our Financial Expert Review Board (https://www.bankrate.com/financial-review-board/).
Bankrate’s Financial Review Board vets the site’s written content pre-publish to guarantee expert-level information for our readers. Review assignments range from educational articles to top-tier pages such as our Best Cards page. All expert reviewers are featured on-site with their name, photo and biography.
- Review content on personal finance-related topics including banking, credit cards, insurance, mortgages, loans and money saving strategies.
- Provide expert insight with emphasis on readers’ best interests.
- Remain active on the Expert Review Board by regularly claiming and completing assignments within deadlines.
- Routine communication with Bankrate’s Expert Review Board representative.
- Financial qualifications such as Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC).
- Significant professional experience in personal finance.
- You must have a Gmail account (or be able to make one).
- You (or your company) must be based in the US.
- Volunteer work, board memberships, professional groups – particularly that which serves underserved or vulnerable communities.
- Appearances in other financial publications/media is a plus.
- Ideal candidates do NOT write as a freelance writer for Bankrate.com.
- Hourly rate of $80/hr.
- Part-time hours with an estimated 5 hours per week depending on your chosen assignment workload.
- New assignments released weekly.
- The ability to work on your own terms. Assignments are open to claim according to your availability.
- Remote, freelance role.
- Be featured on-site as a financial expert with your name, photo and biography.
- Utilize Bankrate’s internal freelance dashboard to claim and complete assignments.
- Submit your resume
- In addition to completing the official application, please include at least two current writing samples, or a link to an online portfolio with examples of your writing.
- If your resume and work fits our profile, you will receive information about our rates as well as our independent contractor agreement.