Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £6 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £1 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there’s a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
As a Fraud Agent you will be part of the Fraud team and will work with the Operation Manager to assist with the detection and prevention of fraud at Zopa.
A day in the life:
- Undertake the end to end investigation process of approved fraudulent loan or credit card applications.
- Review applications which have flagged fraud indicators.
- Investigate suspicious documents.
- To offer guidance and training to fellow staff regarding fraud related queries.
- Fact finding with customers.
- Liaise with relevant fraud prevention agencies – Cifas, Police, Equifax, Action Fraud, Home Office etc.
- Fraud detection experience
- Good understanding of fraud and fraudulent documents
- Ability to investigate, question and scrutinise information
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent professional manner
- Inquisitive nature
- High level of attention to detail with regard to document examination, remaining confidential at all times and act with integrity
- Ability to work within given SLA’s and deadlines
- A confident, calm and professional manner