Who we are
Getaround connects safe, convenient, and affordable cars with people who need them to live and work. Our community includes guests who rely on our cars for on-demand mobility and hosts who share cars on our platform including those who operate their own car-sharing businesses.
Our connected car technology allows guests to book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys. Cars are parked 22 hours a day on average. When we share cars, we don’t need as many on the road, which means fewer accidents, reduced traffic, and less space required for parking. Car sharing modernizes mobility by allowing people to connect multiple forms of efficient transportation for any type of use case.
Studies have shown that when car sharing is available, people drive less and drive vehicles more appropriate for their use case, which can reduce household carbon emissions by up to 40%. Also, shared cars are used more frequently and retired more quickly, accelerating the adoption of newer, more energy-efficient vehicles.
What You’ll Do
- Vendor billing and reconciliation, cash reconciliation, cash forecasting, recoverable tracking, car owner payments, as well as other non-recurring items; ensure that all transactions are accurately processed and recorded in a timely manner
- Set up and maintain vendor files and W9 forms
- Ensure vendor invoices are correctly approved at the appropriate level prior to payment;
- Prepare and perform weekly check runs, prepare ACH and wire transfers, coordinate payment approvals and send payments to vendors
- Facilitate timely reporting of budgeted vs. actual results, including performance review of Getaround’s reconciliations of accounts payable, parking activity, owner payments, claims activity, and other recoverable cost activity
- Assist in the management of our credit card and virtual card facility, including transaction monitoring and monthly reconciliations
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupations
- 4+ years of working with Full cycle accounts payable processing
- 2+ years of experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote First Workplace, with flexible work hours (we mean it!)
- Competitive salary and generous Stock Options
- 401k plus platinum plans for medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Annual Work Smarter stipend to optimize your home office and individual wellness needs
- Free Access to our Udemy learning portal and annual education stipend to focus on your career growth and development
- Flexible PTO policy and monthly Wellness Days to reset and recharge
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Getarounders, including educational speakers, cooking sessions, game nights, mixology classes and +!
- A company culture that keeps Diversity, Equity and Inclusion top of mind, thanks to our dedicated Task Force. We are committed to being a place where you’re empowered to bring your full self to work
- Monthly Getaround credits and discounts for you, your friends and family