Financial Analyst – Operations FP&A
Remote in US
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae is seeking a motivated and results-oriented candidate to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team as a Financial Analyst. This position will be a key player in understanding the drivers of our gross margin across lab operations, supply chain / manufacturing, billing and reimbursement, and our patient and provider engagement activities.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and deliver insightful and impactful internal reporting and ad hoc analytics of gross margin drivers across our Operations team
- Support Operations leadership in understanding their operating expenses and managing their budgets
- Assist in the development of the annual operating plan and regular recast processes
- Assist with preparation of monthly/quarterly finance packages for senior management and the board of directors
- Otherwise provide direct financial support to Invitae’s Operations leadership and extended leadership team
What you bring:
- 3+ years of FP&A or related experience
- BA/BS required in Finance, Business Administration, or related field; MBA a plus
- Deep experience in costing, understanding COGS and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Ability to work cross functionally with multiple levels of the company
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to adapt to a growing and rapidly changing environment
- Additional value-add technical skills (e.g., Tableau, working with SQL) a plus
- Experience in life science, diagnostics, or other rapidly-changing, high-growth industries a plus
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We truly believe a diverse workplace is crucial to our company's success and to better serve our diverse patients. Your input is especially valuable. We’d greatly appreciate it if you can take a quick moment to make your selection(s) below. Submissions will be anonymous.