Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
PAR is looking for a Customer Experience Technician to join our growing team! Our Customer Experience Technicians are the face of our company to our customers, responsible for completing service requests at customer locations. The Customer Experience Technician is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and knows that fixing the issues is only part of the great service experience. These team members go above and beyond every day to ensure their customers believe that PAR is the best decision they make as business owners and restaurant operators. Customer issues can include troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues; replacing hardware devices; performing preventative maintenance for the site; and general product support.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years experienced customer and quality focused technicians eager to learn and make a difference for their customers and develop relationships.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the detection, isolation and resolution of problems with microprocessor-based equipment.
- Ability to train store management and employees on PAR products.
- Ability to do minor construction type work such has drilling holes and mounting brackets.
- Ability to utilize DOS commands for software reimages and understanding of PC BIOS configurations.
- Understanding of AC power and the effects of a properly grounded AC circuity.
- Familiarity with running and terminating network cabling.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and customer service mindset to make quick decisions independently.
- Self-motivated individuals that have the discipline to work on their own with minimal follow up.
- Ability to listen and communicate with the customer and Help Desk regarding the dispatched service call.
- Experience with inventory management.
- Potential travel outside your coverage area which may include an overnight or multiple night stay.
- Flexibility to work after hours and weekends as required.
WHY WE NEED YOU
- Be the face of PAR service excellence for our customers and deliver a WOW experience at each visit.
- Provide quality support, responsiveness, and customer care.
- Respond to customer calls in accordance with an established Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Possess a customer-centric attitude while maintaining a high customer service satisfaction rating.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair units and networks at the customer site.
- Identify, analyze, and repair hardware, software and network failures.
- Provide hardware, software and network installation services.
- Provide on–call emergency service when needed.
- Provide general customer service on the phone and in person.
- Provide ongoing training to customers regarding POS operations and programming.
- Educate customers on preventative maintenance best practices.
- Manage company inventory of parts required to maintain customer equipment, as well as a company vehicle.
- Works with all internal PAR departments to facilitate resolution on customer concerns.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Clean driver’s license required.
- Ability to climb and work with ladders and ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to differentiate colors as part of troubleshooting and adherence to cabling standards.
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.