Description of Internship
Founded in 2014, Stride is a boutique software development firm specializing in software delivery with a focus on Extreme Programming(XP) and technical excellence. We build custom software for companies like Spotify, Codecademy, and Casper.
We operate according to our core values and our purpose to unlock human potential by engineering better systems. Over time, we want to help build a better future for our planet and generations to come.
As a services company, our path to making this impact is to work with clients who make this impact themselves.That is to create a measurable good in the world with ethical, and humane organizations that foster social equity, provide environmental stewardship, and engage with local communities.
We are looking for an intern to work directly with our CEO to establish our ESG strategy.
- Educate Stride's leadership team on emerging industry standards for evaluating and measuring ESG.
- Gather insights from our employees and industry peers and share that learning with the Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with our CEO to:
- Establish a 15 yr vision of Stride's positive contribution Environmental, Social Equity, and Governance concerns.
- Set supporting one and 3-5 year goals with measurable indicators of success and
- Formulate a set of achievable objectives for 2022-2023.
- Identify available tools and frameworks for establishing our Carbon Footprint and any other baseline activities.
- Work with Stride's Financial Planner/Analyst to define measures for key performance indicators for goals.
- Pursuing a college degree and have an interest in ESG
- Following study areas preferred: Business Ethics, Tech Ethics, Public Policy
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as with partners in a collaborative environment
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously to completion
- Evidenced ability to research
- Attention to detail
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills