Rackers: Valued members of a winning team Our employees, affectionately called “Rackers,” are our true strength and differentiator. As valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission, Rackers make a real difference for our customers. It’s why we’re frequently recognized as an employer of choice by global industry-leading programs, including Great Place to Work, Forbes and Fortune. They embody our Core Values, demonstrating that Fanatical Experience is:
· Excellence. We are an accountable, disciplined, high-performing company with proven results.
· Customer-driven. We are proactive, collaborative and committed to success for our customers.
· Expertise. Rackers are passionate learners who are embedded in our customers’ businesses to provide unbiased solutions.
· Agility. We adopt new technologies and evolve services to meet customers where they are in their journey.
· Compassion. We’re one team doing the right thing for our customers, communities, and each other.
Position Overview: As our Enterprise Support Engineer you’ll be a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure
Work Location: Work may be performed remotely from anywhere within the 48 Continental United States.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide a high level of technical support to our customers over the phone and via support tickets.
· Own complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve.
· Apply creative problem- solving techniques to identify the source of problems; while at the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way via the ticketing system.
· Use initiative and advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may experience, using existing or planned methods, and suggest alternatives that may better serve the stability and security of the customer’s solution.
· Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
· Manage the load configuration of a central data communication processor
· Makes recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks
· Coordinate terminal orders, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing.
· Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions using the Windows system.
· Solve customer’s technical issues which can include OS level, webserver, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP, or other software issue.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience in systems administration or related field, including a minimum of 2 years web hosting experience
· Excellent knowledge of Windows Servers, Windows IIS, Active Directory, DNS, SMTP, and TCP/IP.
· Excellent knowledge of DNS, including diagnostics with Windows system tools.
· Prior account management experience
· Sales experience
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
· MCSA or MCSE certification preferred
Pay and Benefits: The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $96,100- $124,600. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits offered is here.