Website Hinge Health
Hinge Health is building the world’s most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic™. It is now the leading Digital MSK Clinic, used by four in five employers and 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution. Hinge Health reduces MSK pain, surgeries, and opioid use by pairing advanced wearable sensors and computer vision technology with a comprehensive clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches.
Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 750,000+ in-person providers and enables real-time interventions for elective MSK surgeries, driving proven medical claims reduction. Available to millions of members, Hinge Health is widely trusted by leading organizations, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
To Learn more about our company & culture please visit:
We’re growing fast and looking for an experienced, mission-driven engineering manager to help us scale with ferocious grace.
Our Quality Engineering organization’s vision is to accelerate feature delivery to customers with confidence. Our mission is to reduce software quality risk at every stage of the SDLC by measuring & analyzing risk, implementing quality best practices and strategic test coverage. We do this by engaging early to develop robust test plans that ensure customer use cases are tested AND automated, identify quality metrics to guide successful feature rollouts. We also automate the release process to save human effort, reduce mistakes, and speed overall delivery.
As a Sr. Engineering Manager for the Quality Engineering team, you and your team of SDETs will work closely with other technical groups (developers, product owners, designers) to improve the software quality through automated and continuous testing. You will help define the appropriate test strategies, tools and best practices for automation processes. You will identify bottlenecks to the testing process and find solutions that remove developer frictions to quality and continuous integration. You will serve as a player-coach to the team of SDETs to improve test automation coverage, and help create, implement, maintain and improve automation test environments for multiple application platforms (web, mobile, backend services).
As a leader of this team you will be responsible for being a steward of operational excellence and engineering rigor. Fostering a culture of ownership, putting customers first and high quality engineering is key. You will have the opportunity to delve into the code, but your priorities will be to your reports and to the engineering organization.
This role reports to the Director of Quality Engineering.
Our tech stack: Aptible, AWS, GraphQL, Postgres, Rails, React, ReactNative, Redis, Redux, Node and Typescript. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD. We deploy iOS and Android updates to users every two weeks. Our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Coach and mentor engineers through day-to-day challenges and guide them towards long term professional and technical growth
- Create an effective 6-12 month roadmap of high-impact quality initiatives for your team(s) that includes identifying solutions to alleviate top product quality issues and/or developer frictions
- Lead your team in consistently delivering on a roadmap they collaboratively define
- Measurably sustain high engagement and job satisfaction for all your reports
- Lead hiring and recruiting strategy to scale the team with a strong focus on experience, technical proficiency, and diversity
- Develop robust, effective quality plans addressing various technical and resource challenges within the organization
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Delivery: Successfully identify and roll out tools and process changes that improve development efficiency and product quality.
- Planning: Strong project management skills to ensure the whole team is on track throughout the sprint and can sustainably deliver high quality work.
- Domain expertise: Solid technical understanding of test automation infrastructure & tools, CI/CD pipelines, test methodologies. Technical chops that allow you to command the respect of, and effectively coach your reports.
- Problem solving: Ability to identify developer friction points and propose and execute high ROI solutions. Ability to identify risks to product quality (e.g. lack of performance testing, monitoring gaps) and propose solutions.
- Communication: Clear, inclusive communication with both teammates and non-technical partners. Able to influence stakeholders to adopt new processes and techniques that will improve product quality.
- Leadership: Track record of ownership for team-scale execution and technical excellence. Experience managing 5+ direct reports at a given time. Potential to lead more than 1 team because you manage effectively and lead high functioning teams.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Group RRSP w/ employer contribution
- Professional Development budget
- Quarterly lifestyle benefit to use towards WFH equipment & fitness
- Generous mental health stipend
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle