*** Must live in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states to be eligible for hire: New York, California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Arizona, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Texas, Washington***
At Bitly, we believe in the power of the link – to start a conversation, build a relationship or grow a business. Our mission is to turn every link into a catalyst for connections. It’s what motivates us to help people share, promote and engage everywhere on the Internet. We do this by being relentlessly product-focused, fostering the free-flowing exchange of ideas, and inspiring people around the world to dream up new ways of using Bitly.
Bitly is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a product-focused feature team of software engineers. As the Engineering Manager for our Link Experience team, you will lead and contribute to a cross-functional team responsible for much of our user-facing application experiences. The team is responsible for how our users shorten, edit, and manage their links within the Bitly application. You will report to and collaborate with the Director of Engineering, Application Experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Directly manage a team of engineers who work across software engineering disciplines.
- Partner with Product & Design for team leadership, planning, and initiatives.
- Lead regular 1:1s, quarterly check-ins, and reviews for your reports with a focus on both professional and personal growth.
- Oversee development of solutions and features that align with Bitly’s goals.
- Collaborate with other Engineering leaders to improve enablement, process, and growth for individual contributors.
- Act as the hiring manager for your team as we continue to grow.
Who You Are:
- You have previous experience managing a team of engineers.
- You have experience in software engineering working on user-facing applications.
- You excel at creating a safe and inclusive environment.
- You have a passion for coaching and helping your reports grow personally and professionally.
- You enjoy mentoring others.
- You have experience planning initiatives alongside Product & Design.
- You enjoy working collaboratively with stakeholders to understand the needs of our users.
- Customer First. We are fiercely committed to our customers’ success. Our Job is to ensure that our trusted platform, performance, and people help customers achieve their goals
- Growth Focused. We are building a fast growing, healthy business powered by quick learning, constant optimization, and data driven decisions
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We are a team that respects each other and values diversity and inclusion. We treat others as we’d want to be treated and uphold the highest levels of integrity in everything we do
- >(!=) Greater than, not equal to. We are driven to win, bring our “A Game” to work each day and deliver exceptional results
- Do or Do Not, There is No Try. We say what we are going to do and we do it
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership: Doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 and receive access to expert insurance guidance where available
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Partial cell phone service reimbursement
- Voluntary LegalShield for legal services and IDShield for identity theft protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and flexible work from home policies
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19, including a home office and separate WiFi stipend
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Budget for professional development opportunities, including courses and conference attendance
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities (when it is safe to do so)