Website Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role – 100% Remote
Engineering Manager is the first manager level where we expect people management to be the majority of your focus, you should be totally removed from your team’s technical contribution critical path. However you may still be expected to write and review code from time to time. Engineering managers generally lead a single, larger team responsible for multiple projects, drive all the hiring and interviewing for it, mentor and guide the career development of their direct reports, and work closely with their product partners to prioritize and scope work.
The goal for an Engineering Manager is to deeply understand all the technology used by your team, own the production operation and monitoring of your projects, manage your team members careers, expectations, performance and level of happiness, adjust the team processes by listening to feedback and guiding the team through the changes whilst ensuring that the changes you make impact not only your team but also other teams that your primary team collaborates with.
Kraken leads the industry in providing exceptional customer support to our clients. As an Engineering Manager for Verification Support, you will be responsible for managing and building a team tasked with delivering our Know-Your-Customer (KYC) onboarding solutions for our back office tools. You will partner closely with Product to flesh out requirements and find innovative ways to improve the experience of our internal users and by extension our clients. You will be vital to the success of the Verification experience ensuring the delivery and execution of the roadmap. This role will require an individual who can closely collaborate with stakeholders across Engineering, Product, Design and Client Support.
- 6+ years of full-time professional engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience building and running highly effective software engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience planning Software Engineers careers, coaching them to promotion
- Deep knowledge of software development and delivery best practices, you know when a team isn’t moving fast enough and you know how to fix it
- Experience hiring talented engineers, you have a clear understanding of what it takes to be an excellent Software Engineer.
- Clear passion for both software engineering and Crypto
- 8+ years of full-time engineering experience within a large technology organization or fast growing startup
- 4+ years of experience building and running highly effective software engineering teams within a large technology organization or from the ground up at a fast growing startup
- Experience driving solutions to key business problems, even if the requirements are not clear
- Experience with Know-Your-Customer (KYC) solutions
- Proven track record navigating and addressing technical debt