Sonatype is a dynamic and innovative global software company with more than 450 employees. We have been pioneers of modern software development practices, are in hyper-growth mode, and WE ARE HIRING!
Walls don’t make a company great; people do — and we have the best. While we have offices in Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom, our growing and talented team lives and works anywhere and everywhere.
We believe great discoveries happen when people from diverse backgrounds learn, grow, and work together to achieve common goals. Our amazing opportunities are available across the globe in our Engineering, Design, Product Management, Marketing, and Sales teams. We seek candidates who share our passion for Open Source Technology and offer a creative, collaborative environment where every employee has a voice.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We are looking for team members that want to help us change the way the world innovates through software. The Sonatype team has already done this through its contributions to the Maven build system, the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle, and most recently with Sonatype Lift – literally changing the way the world creates and delivers software across thousands of organizations and millions of developers.
That was just the beginning. We need your help so that we can do it again. If you are interested in delivering value across nearly every decision made in the world of software development, to help companies create better and safer software faster, to transform innovation through software, read on.
Who you are and what you’ll do:
- You will support a highly talented and motivated team of software engineers in an agile environment to architect, develop, test and deploy high quality solutions.
- You will recruit for, inspire, mentor, and support engineering staff.
- You will help plan and execute initiatives in collaboration with Product Managers, Design Leaders, and Technical lead.
- You will be a partner with product stakeholders and teams on roadmap planning, solution design, sizing, estimation, and supporting iterative execution. You will ensure teams are well aligned towards company objectives.
- You will help define and support frameworks for how people and systems should work together, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- You are motivated to learn and share your knowledge with a community of others who are servant leaders.
What skills you need:
- Software development experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience serving in either an engineering manager role or team lead role in an agile environment.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills.
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, and equally adept at communicating upwards and downwards.
- Highly organized.
Things that we are proud of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)