At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ & Accu-Trade. Learn more here!
Director of Product, Marketplace (Supply)
We are looking for an accomplished leader for the consumer demand side of the cars.com marketplace. In this role, you will lead the supply side experience of one of the world’s largest consumer auto marketplaces. We are focused on leading the way toward frictionless, omni-channel experience for buyers and sellers.
As a leader of the Marketplace Team, you will lead a growing team of Product Managers and work with a cross-functional group of designers, engineers, researchers and analysts to form and execute a best-in-class shopper roadmap. You will thrive at Cars, because you are a creative problem solver, people leader, and executer driven by positive outcomes for our users.
What You’ll Do:
- Define the supply side marketplace roadmap
- Be a hands on coach, mentor and leader to your team of Product Managers
- Understand shoppers' problems in detail and ensure the problems are clearly defined and prioritized – making tradeoffs between scope, cost, schedule and business benefits to ensure the team is always focused on the highest impact work
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to improve our processes and ensure team alignment towards goals
- Monitor and manage product health and achievement toward team KPIs
- Establish effective, trusting relationships with key internal and external partners
- Communicate roadmaps, updates and key accomplishments effectively broadly throughout the organization
- Work across our dealer facing teams to establish clear interconnected roadmaps to align on intersection points with dealer facing tooling and products
Ideally you'll bring:
- A trust in and dedication to our vision, mission and values
- At least 7 years of experience as a product manager / product management leader with at least 2 years of leading and developing a team of product managers
- Passion about solving complex, multi-sided marketplace problems, developing strategies and roadmaps, and executing plans that create new value for our users and our business
- Experience defining KPIs and product metrics and using them to drive decisions, and pairing that with a sense for how and when to balance data with intuition
- A natural collaborator and communicator who has a track record of building positive relationships across a broad, diverse organization.
- Experience working in e-commerce, retail, marketplaces, transportation, logistics, or a related sector
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.