Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $500BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo’s mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
Wonolo is looking for a seasoned Product Design leader who will be responsible for evaluating the craft of design at Wonolo. You’ll get to build out the design team while educating, and mentoring team members across the entire company on your design philosophy. You will also get to work on a complete refresh of the Wonolo brand and website, so any feedback is welcomed. At the end of the day, our goal is to deliver simple solutions, that solve complex problems, that our end-users will love. When we speak of end users, that encompasses both our Wonoloers (worker community) and our Requestors (customers). Are you excited by the challenges of building and designing products for both B2B and B2C users? Having experience in both domains is certainly a bonus!
Design at Wonolo is a collaborative team of Product Designers, Product Managers, Product Analysts, and Product Researchers with a customer-first and data-driven approach to building simple and intuitive user experiences. We fret over the details and have empathy for our end users. Our mission is to empower the in-demand workforce by providing flexible and fulfilling job opportunities for everyone. If you are someone who has a “get things done” mentality and is looking for impact at scale, we would love to hear from you!
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States and Canada #LI-Remote.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of product designers and product researchers
- Guide ongoing design work and ensure we deliver an excellent user experience
- Set the vision, strategy and goals of the design organization at Wonolo
- You will hire, develop and coach your team, bringing your skills as a leader to give your direct results purpose
- Work cross-functionally to refresh the Wonolo brand and website
- Make design at Wonolo elite
Who you are:
- 6+ years of experience as part of a product design team; 2+ years of experience managing product designers
- You have demonstrated mastery in the craft of design and are considered a leader by your peers
- You play an active role in defining and enforcing design standards
- You have high empathy for your end-user, regardless of whether it is a customer or your direct report
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- You are comfortable rolling up sleeves and working without formal requirement documents or top-down direction
- You are excited to establish a deep understanding of how things work at Wonolo and use that to improve workflows and product launches
- You’re a master at running design crits, design thinking workshops, and other meetings with important stakeholders
- You’re actively involved in building the team by leading recruiting, interviewing, and mentoring junior designers
- You are seen as a culture carrier
- You demonstrate a substantial commitment to advancing representation and inclusion
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Two-sided marketplace experience
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Meaningful equity and company bonus
- We pay 100% of the medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for you
- Generous parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement and company laptop
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Retirement plans as well as life and disability insurance
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!