Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
The Director of Product Design (Lifecycle) will lead our core product pillars to drive innovation of Webflow’s core product experience—how users build dynamic sites with the designer, data, and logic. This role will play an integral part in how design shapes the future of Webflow’s product experience and work closely with other product design leaders.
About the role
- Location: US remote
As the Director of Product Design (Lifecycle), you’ll:
- Drive design strategy and outcomes for Webflow’s Lifecycle product pillar—focused on activation, monetization, and retention
- Lead, mentor, and inspire members of your product design team by providing direction and pushing high quality work that ships
- Lead the Lifecycle pillar vision, strategy, and operations with your cross-functional partners in Engineering and Product
- Work cross-functionally with Brand and Marketing to continuously develop understanding of the end-to-end Webflow customer journey
- Manage our Content Design team of two
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Director of Product Design (Lifecycle) if:
- You are excited about the work of a fast-growing company and have demonstrated leadership in shepherding a design org through this phase
- You have demonstrated experience managing product design teams a remote environment
- Proven ability to leverage qualitative and quantitative insights to inform experimentation
- You care about the impact of aesthetic integrity in the software interfaces for our customers. Even in growth experiments, we expect to deliver high quality software to our customers
- Have an affinity for software tools that empower design and building web experiences
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Product Design Director and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check and employment verification is required for this position. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.