At Bitly, we believe in the power of the link or scan – to start a conversation, build a relationship or grow a business. Our mission is to turn every interaction into a catalyst for connections. It’s what motivates us to help people share, promote and engage everywhere on the Internet. We do this by being relentlessly product-focused, fostering the free-flowing exchange of ideas, and inspiring people around the world to dream up new ways of using Bitly.
As the Director of InfoSec, you will help build the InfoSec practice at Bitly. You will work with other engineering leaders, develop roadmaps, assist in the architecture and development of foundational systems for detecting, monitoring and alerting to assess risks and protect the Bitly platform from intrusion. This platform supports some of the world’s best-known brands. We support over 10 billion clicks and 5 billion uniques per month from every country in the world and on every platform.
What You’ll Do
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for Bitly’s security function, focused on run-the-business detection/containment/remediation, security incident management, investigations and security orchestration/automation.
- Build a global Security Compliance and Risk Management platform.
- Partner across our business’ cross-functional groups to ensure security visibility, process integration, and operational execution of InfoSec objectives.
- Deliver/support key outcomes on InfoSec fundamentals, such as vulnerability and patch management, asset management, identity/access, etc.
- Support potential due diligence efforts for the company.
- Participate in Information Security reviews for potential customers in partnership with technology, product and legal teams.
- Engage with technology, product and GTM teams to ensure inclusion of security objectives, features and considerations into products with high-value outcomes.
Who You Are
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of InfoSec experience and building InfoSec practices and systems at scale.
- Demonstrated track record of building cross functional relationships
- Knowledge of Infosec standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001, PCI, HiPAA etc.
- You have a genuine passion and curiosity for technology with a willingness to experiment, evaluate and introduce other team members to new frameworks, technology and workflows, and are willing to work on a huge array of varying solutions, as well as leading and mentoring a team on these topics
- Customer First. We are fiercely committed to our customers’ success. Our Job is to ensure that our trusted platform, performance, and people help customers achieve their goals
- Growth Focused. We are building a fast growing, healthy business powered by quick learning, constant optimization, and data driven decisions
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We are a team that respects each other and values diversity and inclusion. We treat others as we’d want to be treated and uphold the highest levels of integrity in everything we do
- >(!=) Greater than, not equal to. We are driven to win, bring our “A Game” to work each day and deliver exceptional results
- Do or Do Not, There is No Try. We say what we are going to do and we do it
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership: Doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 and receive access to expert insurance guidance where available
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Partial cell phone service reimbursement
- Voluntary LegalShield for legal services and IDShield for identity theft protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and flexible work from home policies
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19, including a home office and separate WiFi stipend
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Budget for professional development opportunities, including courses and conference attendance
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities (when it is safe to do so)