Lime is the world’s largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
Lime has three customers — cities, riders, and operators — but arguably the most important is cities. Without the support of cities, Lime cannot launch, operate, or grow. City Success ensures Lime meets the needs of cities, whether that means providing detailed data reporting, ensuring clean and tidy vehicle parking, or developing rider and pedestrian safety programs. City Success works closely with government relations, local GMs, central software and hardware teams, and other global ops teams to develop and deploy the programs that make Lime the best micro mobility partner for cities.
As the Director of City Success, you will lead this critical function and a team of analysts, program managers, and operations experts. You must be a natural bridge builder, easily rallying cross-functional support for cities and local teams. You should enjoy debating long-term differentiators as much as putting out short-term fires. A great candidate will understand how governments work but be able to operate at start-up speed.
This role reports to the VP of Global Operations and can sit anywhere Lime operates.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a vision for city success in partnership with local GMs, government relations, product, and others
- Lead and scale a team of 10+ analysts, program managers, and operators
- Own the global performance of Lime’s warehouses including mechanic productivity, quality of repairs, inventory management, safety standards, and real estate footprint
- Make strategic decisions about where to invest, how to scale, and how to be more efficient
- Define the metrics that measure warehouse performance and hold local and cross-functional teams accountable to them
- Design and lead innovative pilots that keep our warehouse operations on the cutting edge
- Partner with product to define the tech roadmap for warehouse ops
- Travel to local markets 20-30% of the time to understand their needs, check-in on pilots, and build relationships
- Passionate about IRL ops. Well-versed in continuous improvement and lean
- Thinks like a GM – experience managing P&Ls, budgets, financial decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of building high performing, strategic teams
- Experience in helping companies identify strategic improvements in their core business, and in implementing those improvements
- Naturally analytical. Familiarity with SQL a plus
- Effective at influencing others without direct authority
- Great attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field. Masters or above a plus.
- 8+ years ops, product, or consulting experience
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban micro-mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits