Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
Title: Director of Engineering
Location: Remote, USA
What’s in it for you?
Make a Real Difference
We enable product innovation on a global scale – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. With our platform, our customers can experiment faster, build higher quality, and create world-changing products.
Lead multiple engineering teams to unlock new platform capabilities and revenue streams. If you want to have a massive impact in a high-growth business, this role is for you.
Fictiv is growing rapidly and has multiple opportunities for you to shape and contribute to how we deliver on innovation. We’re looking to you for fresh ideas and expertise to level up our organization.
What will you be doing?
- Build a resilient, high-performing remote organization where engineers can do their best work
- Lead and deliver on strategic initiatives by creating clarity and aligning organizational efforts
- Establish and continually improve team processes to enable iterative delivery, innovation, and high reliability
- Drive near- and long-term improvements to engineering-wide activities such as development practices, hiring / onboarding, team cohesion, and incident response
- Resolve systemic obstacles to team health, system performance, and team delivery
- Embrace and extend a culture of transparency, safety, and growth
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 6+ years of engineering leadership experience, including managing and building teams
- Prior experience of technical leadership for a business-critical cloud-based software system
- Demonstrated success in building organizations and managing managers of multiple teams
- Proven experience recruiting and developing top talent
- Experience leading remote distributed teams
Perks and benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!
Fictiv is continuing to expand our remote US workforce. Recent hires include professionals located in:
Arizona (AZ), California (CA), Delaware (DE), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Hawaii (HI), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Kansas (KS), Maryland (MA), Massachusetts (MD), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), Nevada (NV), New Hampshire (NH), North Carolina (NC), Ohio (OH), Oregon (OR), South Carolina (SC), Texas (TX), Utah (UT), Virginia (VA), Washington D.C. (DC), Washington State (WA), West Virginia (WV), and Wyoming (WY)
Interested in joining our team? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.