Join us on the tech team of an extremely fast-growing, technology-driven startup that’s making effective skincare accessible to everyone.
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
The Director of Data & Analytics will be responsible for the continued advancement of analytical capabilities spanning from business intelligence to data science and AI use cases. This individual’s scope is enterprise-wide, including applications within product, pricing, financial modeling, supply chain, marketing optimization, personalization, loyalty, and workforce analytics. Our new Director of Data & Analytics will work with business unit leaders to implement a strategic road map that identifies the highest-impact opportunities and will begin executing on those use cases.
The Director of Data & Analytics will partner with Engineering to design best practices for data architecture, data modeling, and data platform development throughout the company. They will define the vision and oversee the prioritization and decision-making framework to ensure the methodology and structure of Curology’s global data are integrated, scalable, and provide value for the enterprise. This position will report to the CTO and oversee our Data Analytics and Data Science functions.
- Enable a culture of rapid, high-quality decision-making by making data accessible and driving a clear understanding of our data, our customers, our business levers, and our opportunities
- Identify beneath-the-surface insights that enable meaningful leaps in customer satisfaction and business results
- Partner with the executive team and key functional leaders to define and maintain core business KPIs
- Effectively manage, mentor, and develop our Data Analytics and Data Science teams
- Ensure all data projects are thoughtfully designed and appropriately interpreted
- Develop a strategic roadmap for critical data assets
Critical Leadership Capabilities & Competencies:
- Proactively seeks to improve processes, raising quality and productivity through efficiencies or by implementing best-in-class solutions
- Enables higher performance by incrementally improving approaches based on calculated risks
- Benchmarks performance of business or function against industry best practices
- Takes personal ownership for advancing significant change
- Communicates a new direction or change with a clear rationale and/or sense of urgency
- Creates or takes advantage of multiple opportunities to promote needed change
- Adapts communication content, approach, or style around change to appeal to different audiences
- Seeks input from a wide range of cultural perspectives
- Tests own assumptions with others
- Welcomes views from people of cultural backgrounds that are different from one’s own
- Passionate about building data platforms
- Sound understanding of analytics methodologies, relevant technologies, and data governance at scale
- The ideal candidate will have led a robust analytics function within a scaled business-to-consumer retail organization and will have demonstrated broad technical experience across a variety of analytical functions
- Will be able to build, maintain and improve the existing business intelligence and analytics tools across the business
- Experience with advanced data techniques, including advanced qualitative and quantitative data mining, complex predictive modeling, and other real-time pattern detection methods
- Experience with machine learning, statistics, visualization, real-time reporting, data engineering, natural language processing, data platforms, and engineering
- Ideally, will have experience leading teams with 10 or more members across a variety of analytics and data domains including manager-level reports.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a related field is ideal
You will love working at Curology because:
- Amazing team culture and environment
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings