RainFocus, one of the most innovative software companies in the heart of Utah’s Silicon Slopes, is in search of an exceptional Director of Campaigns and Demand.
RainFocus cares about its employees, customers, and the world in which we live. Our rapidly-growing team serves Fortune 500 companies like Adobe, Cisco, IBM, Oracle, VMware, and others to prepare and execute in-person, virtual, and hybrid events, across the world. Those events are delivered through our industry-disrupting software platform, with groundbreaking business intelligence, to elevate the attendee experience, streamline event operations, and accelerate marketing results. We are well-funded, growing fast, taking on an established industry leader, and building a company that is changing the market — it will be challenging, fun, and exciting.
About the Role
As the Director of Campaigns and Demand, you will lead the design, execution, and measurement of integrated, account-based programs that drive growth for RainFocus. Your passion for understanding our customers, markets, and how our products solve their problems will fuel your creative approach for programs that engage our target accounts. Our perfect candidate must be strong both on the strategic level and on the tactical/execution level. Reporting directly to the SVP of Marketing and working closely with GTM & Sales leadership, you will have an opportunity to own a wide variety of projects that expand your skills and develop new ones in a fast-growing business.
Does This Sound Like You?
- You have a knack for critical thinking and problem-solving.
- You have a proven track record with account-based programs and playbooks that drive results.
- You thrive on data and thirst to gather qualitative, quantitative, and anecdotal evidence to fuel and optimize campaign performance.
- You are highly analytical and organized—from planning and setting deadlines, through to execution and lessons learned.
- You excel in a team environment, driving collaboration across departments and disciplines to get the best possible outcome.
- You attract attention through your wit, well-constructed arguments, and sense of humor.
- You have good ideas, and you want to try them. You are not afraid to take chances and test new things, even if they fail.
- You are not intimidated by working with very smart, very driven, and very technical people. You love learning and pushing yourself to do even better.
- You enjoy what you do and that enjoyment spreads to those you work with.
- Conceptualize and implement global marketing campaigns and multi-touch demand programs that leverage both inbound and outbound tactics that drive global demand targets
- Define and plan integrated ABM campaigns focused on key industries and accounts; identify the most effective messaging, value proposition, channels, and calls to action, as well as program orchestration leveraging ABM platforms
- Test new and creative tactics, develop 1:1, and 1:few programs designed to penetrate and expand within target accounts
- Strategic, programmatic, and operational responsibilities related to demand creation program objectives – including acquisition, engagement, and acceleration
- Partner with portfolio marketing to identify audience requirements and provide insight into what is and isn’t working to drive future requirements
- Partner with regional field sales leadership to ensure ongoing agreement on priorities, making adjustments to accommodate changing market conditions
- Collaborate with SVP of Marketing and marketing operations to forecast, measure, and analyze on a monthly basis, the health of the demand engine and impact on sales productivity (e.g. sales pipeline, sales cycle length, net new revenue growth, targeted account engagement, and growth, customer retention, customer value, and advocacy)
- Partner with the events team to ensure alignment of paid and non-paid events promotion with the broader campaign strategy
- Serve as key stakeholder and evangelist for testing and optimization, owning the collection, creation, and distribution of demand creation best practices and application
- Create demand creation programs “in a box” for sales, and building/managing shared demand creation processes with field sales
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in global marketing programs
- 8+ years of successful leadership of a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated expertise in leveraging SiriusDecisions best practices and frameworks, a plus
- Proven success motivating team members
- Extremely strong organization, communication, analysis, and presentation skills
- Proven experience working with marketing and sales functions to deliver superior results
- Understanding of Account-Based Engagement and MEDDIC sales methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.