Director, BD – Rare Disease Data Platform
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The role will identify and pursue partnerships to expand Invitae’s real world data platform offerings to various stakeholders in the healthcare ecosystem, including biopharma companies, health systems, payers and others. This teammate will be responsible for generating new leads, following up on inbound leads, building relationships with senior leaders at partner organizations, presenting the vision for potential partnerships, drafting contracts, and conducting negotiations.
What you’ll do:
- Establishing, building and evolving relationships with senior leaders at partners organizations across the healthcare ecosystem, including biopharma, health systems, payers and others
- Collaborating with Invitae teams including Biopharma Business Development, Health Systems Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Compliance teams to identify, prioritize and execute partnerships
- Leading discussions with senior management at potential customers to understand partner needs, present Invitae’s capabilities, and develop a joint vision of success and deliver a path to execution
- Structuring and negotiating partnership agreements, including in cases where a creative and novel approach is required due to unique client needs
- Supporting development of partnership models and go-to-market strategies based on customer needs, business performance, market dynamics and competitive landscape
- Drafting formal proposals in responses RFPs from potential partners
What you bring:
- 8+ years of experience in relevant business development roles focused on biopharma or data/analytics
- Deep understanding of the drug development process, especially in rare diseases
- Point of view on how real world data can accelerate drug development and precision therapeutics
- Strong executive presence, customer-focused orientation, and exceptional judgment to ensure diverse client needs are addressed amidst an unstructured environment
- Collaborative team member who is eager to work closely with Invitae colleagues
- Analytical mindset with experience in data analysis, reporting, and identifying the “so what” behind the data
- Experience with conducting negotiations with external partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that enable delivering complex concepts in a simple and compelling way
- Eagerness to explore the scientific, medical and commercial applications of genetic and clinical data
- Comfort operating and thriving in an unstructured and ambiguous environment
- Domain knowledge in genetics is a plus
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
#LI – Remote