Are you a Racker?
Rackers thrive in fast-paced environments built to inspire learning, growing, and innovating.
They are mission-inspired, values-grounded, culture-focused, and dedicated to making a positive impact in everything they do.
Rackers are inherently wired to solve problems and share ideas in small, nimble teams.
As experts in what they do, Rackers are serious about delivering a Fanatical Experience™ to our customers.
Rackers are valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission and we want you to join the Racker family!
Why work at Rackspace Technology?
Find your fanatical. We deliver the best customer experience in the industry to businesses that perform life-saving research, power cities, and feed millions.
Come as you are. Cultivating inclusion is not just the right thing to do, it enables us to win. Our Executive Inclusion Council and Racker Resource Groups (RRGs) partner to enable an inclusive workplace and drive initiatives such as Rackspace’s participation in the annual Texas Conference for Women.
Satisfy your curiosity. No matter where you are going, we can help you get there. Our internal learning department, Rackspace University®, provides training and development to Rackers – from Microsoft™ certifications to effective leadership training – our goal is to help you grow.
Make a difference. At the core of every Racker is a drive to leave the world better than we found it, and we are passionate about giving back to our communities across the globe. While Rackers can leverage paid volunteer time off for any cause, our Rack Gives Back program creates opportunities for Rackers to give their time and talent to others.
Live life completely. We offer a well-rounded suite of health and wellness programs that help our Rackers achieve a healthy and balanced lifestyle. So while our Rackers are busy taking care of our customers, we take care of our Rackers.
Director, AWS Mid-Market Sales for West & Central – US
Maximizes revenues through the direction of professional sales activities. Responsible for directing the work effort of managers and sellers. Develops plans and strategies to promote the success of sales in alignment with the goals and objectives of the sales organization. Maintains effective communications with executives and managers across the company to ensure proper sensitivity to the needs of sales partners.
Career Level Summary
· Establishes departmental goals and objectives ensuring alignment with business unit’s strategic plan.
· Role is engaged in leadership and strategy 100% of time.
· Directs the activities of a broad functional area or several smaller functional areas.
Builds revenue, retention and reputation through commercial/product conversations, positively influencing customer considerations.
Grasps complex commercial and functional concepts across areas of the business, beyond area of expertise, department or division.
Articulates the strategic impact of the department on enterprise imperatives and translates into revenue generating roadmap for team.
Quickly adopts new ways of thinking and leadership styles that lend to getting the best results out of direct reports, teams, and senior leaders.
Takes intelligent risks and acts with future orientation, influencing the team to pivot as strategies and markets evolve.
Drive for Results
Coaches team to engage in future vision of organization in order to understand where the department can have the greatest business impact.
Collaboratively develops the department’s long-term plans needed to achieve the divisional strategy, allowing team members to own the detail.
Identifies opportunities to raise the bar and push teams outside of comfort zone in order to drive high performance and deliver beyond expectations.
Proactively advocates smart utilization of resources and spend, using data to underline ROI, trends and efficiencies.
Aligns departmental dashboards to divisional measures of success, enabling early detection of risks and opportunities.
Recalls analyst insights and information when telling the Rackspace story, referring to industry trends and future business goals.
Understands the voice of the customer and translates into enterprise strategy, providing meaningful direction. Helps teams to understand operational impacts on strategic imperatives.
Ignites passion across the department by translating departmental strategy into meaningful messages that mobilize Rackers, customers and partners in a shared direction.
Confidently uses functional expertise to field and answer questions from Rackers, customers, and vendors.
Formulates well thought, comprehensive messages with compelling business cases that inspire commitment from customers and leadership teams.
Demonstrates strong self-awareness of capabilities as a leader of a department, regularly gathering and acting upon feedback that strengthens leadership and commercial acumen.
Exhibits a growth mindset, role modeling the ability to shift ways of thinking and behaving that drives necessary change.
Holds self and direct reports accountable for developing Rackers across the function and organization, allocating resources, actively identifying opportunities and serving as mentor and coach.
Challenges mindsets regarding what top talent looks like and is known for creating opportunities for diverse talent to thrive and grow in the department.
Sets clear expectations of managers to prioritize learning as essential to organizational success in order to anticipate and pivot in a continuously changing business environment.
Adapts various leadership styles to optimize effectiveness with line managers, team, peers, and senior leaders, recognizing the needs of others in solving problems with minimal disruption.
Creates an environment of trust by inviting others to help solve problems, ensuring follow-through on commitments, enabling reciprocal coaching and exhibiting a duty of care for others.
Seeks opportunities to have conversations with team members – below, across and above – that encourages idea sharing and demonstrates genuine interest in others’ points of view.
Forges trust-based partnerships across the enterprise, demonstrating desire to break down silos.
Creates and engages a robust, established network to solve problems, share best practices, and gain customers.
Actively considers the bigger picture, prioritizes resources as a collective and makes allocation decisions that are dependent on “First Team” priorities.
Troubleshoots, brainstorms and enables accountability for others’ success.
Encourages debate, considers all input and works together to make hard decisions, role modeling expectations of a unified front once decisions are made.
Proactively shares information within and outside function, breaking down silos and territorial behaviors.
Receptive to outside influence, thoughts and decisions, demonstrating a belief in others’ expertise and positive intent.
· Oversees a large geographic area or product/service line to maximize sales revenues and meet objectives.
· Provides strategic and operational direction to managers and sellers in alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
· Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly, and monthly revenue streams.
· Develops and executes specific plans to ensure revenue growth.
· Provides quarterly assessments of sales productivity.
· Coordinates company resources to ensure the proper use and level of technical sales support.
· Directs and develops managers in the sales area.
· Hires, coaches, reviews, rewards, motivates, disciplines, and terminates managers and sellers.
· Ensures that sales goals and forecasts are consistent with the organization’s long- range strategic objectives.
· Facilitates relevant sales support and/or professional services activities to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
· Ensures sellers receive training needed to be technically knowledgeable of company’s products.
· Assists in sales activities on major accounts.
· Mid Market segment customers.
· Customer centric mindset, with the ability to interface with leadership team on a daily basis.
· Develops, modifies and executes policies that have a company-wide effect.
· Develops and administers departmental budget and schedules.
· Accountable for the performance and results of one or more of the following:
o A large strategically important discipline in a large market
o Related disciplines/medium-sized function in a large market
o A medium-sized discipline in a major region
· Leads a department towards strategic goals and objectives.
· Provides strategic planning for the department and contributes to strategic planning for the division.
· Adapts and executes business plans and contributes to the development of functional strategies.
· Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
· Failure to achieve goals will have critical impact on success of functional area and organization.
· Regularly interacts with executives and major customers.
· Advises senior leadership on developing and implementing strategic objectives.
· Acts as a servant-leader. Inspires others to creativity and autonomy.
· Advises Senior Leadership on business decisions.
· Meets or exceeds sales targets.
· Meets or exceeds pipeline targets.
· Monitors progress of sellers and managers against KPIs and provides intervention and/or assistance when necessary.
· Identifies skill and ability gaps of managers and creates and implements development plans to address gaps.
· Evaluates effectiveness of managers; makes necessary changes.
· Coordinates appropriate company resources to ensure efficient and consistent sales performance.
· Failure to achieve results will impact the overall success of divisional objectives.
· Must promote innovation and creativity.
· Acts as a servant-leader; inspires others to creativity and autonomy.
· Overall review based on the efficient and effective attainment of goals and objectives.
· Strong knowledge of business management, operations and strategic planning.
· Advanced knowledge of corporate objectives and strategies.
· Excellent organizational, operational leadership, decision making and communications skills.
· Very strong attention to details.
· Solid organization, management, administrative and human relation skills, and a style, which exhibits maturity, leadership, sensitivity and teamwork.
· Consistently exercises sound judgment; makes appropriate decisions while considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
· Knowledgeable in professional sales training and sales process.
· Business knowledge to understand customer needs and strategy and apply the value of Rackspace solutions to their specific situation.
· Deep knowledge of the department and business operations.
· Expert knowledge of company’s products/services, pricing practices, and selling skills.
· Effective management skills with ability to successfully manage allocated quota goals.
· Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, human relations, presentation, and organization skills.
· Ability to communicate technical information and ideas so others will understand.
· Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
· Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or a related field required.
· Advanced degree, MBA or similar, preferred.
· High School diploma required
· Requires 12-15 years of professional experience in xxx.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years of people management experience.
· Experience simultaneously selling and leading others to successful revenue goals.
· Experience in all facets of sales: outbound lead generation, follow up, pipeline management, training, and closing skills required
Normal office environment.
High levels of stress may occur at times.
25- 50% travel.