Reports to: xx
Location: Remote, xx
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 26 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Design Operations to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner closely with the Director of UX to ensure the strategic vision is executed within given timeliness and design quality standard
- Continually seek out ways to improve the processes, practice, and culture of the UX team
- Work with the entirety of the UX organization to create a singular design culture known for innovation, creativity, quality, and impact.
- Develop, manage, and communicate to leadership key metrics on the health of the UX organization
- Conduct regular meetings with cross-functional stakeholders to assure coordination of all projects and they are up-to-date and clearly communicated
- Take part in collaborating on initiatives as well as take on responsibility for other parts of the UX organization as required
- Assist in User Research efforts by finding and scheduling participants among other tasks
- Demonstrate a clear link between daily work and the UX organization’s mission
- Assist in planning and executing design communications, share-outs, reviews, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need:
- 5-7 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years with an Advanced Degree in Design, Design Management, Business, or related field
- Direct work experience in a relevant role (relevant roles include Producer, Program Manager, Creative Operations, Design Operations, or Project Management)
- Candidates need to be outcomes-driven and demonstrate how their work has helped lead teams to reach goals that impact organizational success
- Capable of finding order in white space environments, and creating momentum around priorities, resilient and positive, even in challenging circumstances
- This role requires strong communication, facilitation, and influencing skills
- Familiarity with design and user research tools, methods, and processes
- Ability to collect, manage, and communicate with quantitative and qualitative data
- Create and work with frameworks for prioritizing activities and projects
- Working knowledge of agile team methodologies
- Team attitude: “I am not done, until WE are done”
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in a open source or data science-oriented company
- Experience in complex non-design-led organizations
- Project Management certification
- Previous experience in the data science/analytics/big data field
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Paid parental leave – both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy and monthly company days off known as Snake Days
- 100% remote and flexible working policy – we embrace this fully through how we operate as a company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.