CSA + Capstone is seeking a senior IBM DB2 Administrator to provide support to BUPERS/NPC FM in Millington, TN.
- Supports the maintenance, operation, and administration of systems within the purview of BUPERS/NPC FM.
- Monitors systems for issues/outages, including data center environmental controls, and notifies appropriate support personnel upon identifying outages or anomalies.
- Performs systems backup and restore operations.
- Conducts root cause analysis for issues, anomalies, and/or outages and reports results.
- Performs scheduled IT system maintenance in accordance with approved Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains an ongoing log of scheduled and unscheduled events.
- Monitors and coordinates with third party software vendors.
- Supports development of and maintains Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP).
- Supports architectural planning activities for security and redundancy.
- Develops and implements security controls.
- Applies appropriate DISA STIGs and SRGs.
- Executes assessments/checks for applicable STIGs to ensure systems are properly configured.
- Conducts quarterly reviews of emergent DISA STIG releases and applies updated security controls.
- Conducts testing to ensure enterprise security is not impacted by proposed releases/deployments.
- Applies BUPERS/NPC FM configuration management processes and procedures.
- Monitors infrastructure for security, performance, and stability issues.
- Supports the setup and configuration of the test lab for functional and technical acceptance testing.
- Performs DB2 database administration, including DB2 UDB.
- Supports Kofax, IBM Content Manager, and WebSphere Application Server (WAS).
- High school diploma.
- Six (6) years of related experience in IT operational support (such as data analysis, statistical analysis, problem solving, content management, or software and network programming).
- Demonstrated experience operating, maintaining, and administering DB2.
- Interim Secret Clearance
- Qualifying IAT Level 2 baseline certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+ CE)
- Vendor training or certification in the relevant Operating System/Computing Environment (OS/CE).
- IBM DB2 BUPERS System Knowledge