Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
As our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money, Wealthsimple interns are able to be at the forefront of Canada’s leading digital financial products and work with smart, high-performing team members who will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We’re looking for people who love a fast-paced environment and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
Internships @ Wealthsimple
At Wealthsimple, we offer 4 to 12-month internships that are open to co-op and non-co-op students, recent grads, and career changers. During your remote-first internship, you will be able to contribute to projects that are changing the landscape of financial services for Canadians. You will be on a team that supports your growth and provides mentorship while also connecting to the broader Wealthsimple community!
Data Science @ Wealthsimple
The Data Science & Engineering (DSE) team consists of data scientists and software engineers with diverse educational backgrounds such as math, operations research, economics, computer science, engineering and business. The team is responsible for enabling data-driven decision-making and building data products at Wealthsimple. We achieve these goals by:
– Building a high quality and scalable state-of-the-art data warehouse that powers all decision making
– Leveraging machine learning and algorithms to help Wealthsimple build smarter financial products
– Using decision science to understand the cause and effect of our business decisions
What you can expect from the interview process:
First Interview: 30-minute technical interview (in your language of choice) with two interviewers. We are looking for technical proficiency and judgement, adaptability, communication, and teamwork!
Second Interview: 45-minute Interview with a Hiring Manager where you will be walking through a project review and also find out more about your potential team.
Last Stage: Offer!
Applications close on Friday, May 13th, 2022.
Interns @ Wealthsimple are completely integrated into the teams they join and get to work on meaningful projects during their time with us! This Fall, we’re looking to add Data scientists across our times! Throughout the interview process, we’ll learn more about your skills and interests to match you with the right team at Wealthsimple
We’re looking for people who:
- Are driven to ship frequently
- Take ownership in working on projects to successful completion
- Enjoy tackling new, complex challenges on a regular basis
- Are comfortable with self-directed learning
- Believe that debate, inclusivity and transparency result in better products
- Are eager to learn from your team and others. We value making one another successful!
Things you should know about our tech before applying:
- Familiarity with Python, SQL
- Basic understanding of statistics: either frequentist and Bayesian approaches
- Basic understanding of fundamental machine-learning algorithms: regression and decision trees
- First-hand experience working with popular Python libraries such as Pandas, scikt-learn, numpy and Jupyter
- Excellent communicator