Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
We are looking for an experienced candidate who possesses a strong appreciation of data organization and governance and a people-oriented persona capable of influencing multiple departments and business divisions to adopt data-quality as daily, first-principal behaviors.
Our company is growing fast through mergers and acquisition and simple things like terminology and shared descriptive labels need to be cataloged into a shared and common language. If you’re the type of person who possesses great organizational skills and superb selling skills, then you’re likely a strong candidate for this position.
We’re assembling a world-class group of product owners, analysts, architects, and scrum masters to build-out our ERP/CRM/CLM systems capable of servicing our multi-product portfolio. To complete that ensemble, we’re seeking an individual that will bring a keen understanding of how data must be labeled, managed, organized, and marshalled into meaning, and the ability to foster adoption by the many data-contributors and stakeholders in our organization.
- General SQL and/or other data manipulation tools experience
- Strong documentation and notetaking skills
- Strong PowerPoint and/or other presentation tool experience
- Experience working within an Agile software development team
- Data organization, management and/or data governance skill
- Takes ownership and pride in your performance and outcome
- Able to abstract multiple viewpoints into a cohesive recommendation
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, data-driven, and complex environment
- Very strong presentation skills in person, or via online meeting platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Keen ability to present to c-level executives and influence key business decisions around data governance best practices
- 5+ years of data quality experience, at any position demonstrating data quality/management/process/control
- Agile (Scrum) Experience (preferred at least 1 year)
- Auditing experience at one of the large auditing firms
- MBA Degree
- Analyze areas where data quality is weak, prioritize and design plans to correct
- Roll-out a data quality adoption plan for the many departmental and product stakeholders
- Create data governance polices in partnership with PAR IT, PAR Cyber, PAR Legal
- Own, enforce and reinforce data quality methods to help PAR build data-quality muscle memory
- Attend significant IT/Internal Platform Meetings as official note-taker and documentation owner
- Oversight of the company’s data management goals, standards, practices, process, and technologies
- Organizing and streamlining the process with which data is collected, shared, utilized, protected, cleaned, and stored
- Maintain efficiency and save the company costs by protecting it from inaccurate data handling
- Collaborate with data architect to assemble a master dictionary of terms, labels, objects and how they map to all PAR systems
- Own and maintenance the PAR Data Dictionary
- Collaborate with all departmental leadership stakeholders to define all the critical attributes in PAR data and develop and maintain the PAR Data Dictionary across all systems and Products
- Work with Agile team to coordinate on the Road Map for data quality alignment
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.