Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
We are looking for a candidate who has ability to build the data foundation for our company’s internal platform. This individual will have years of experience with relational and non-relational database systems and will have architected production systems that are performant at scale within large enterprises.
This role has a broad range of responsibilities which are cross departmental. This role requires a combination of strategic and tactical thinking backed by an in-depth knowledge of the software engineer methodologies and IT infrastructure (and cloud) platforms to support them. The role will require architecting, building, diagnosing, monitoring, and troubleshooting core infrastructure service issues and engineering data integrations with many systems into our source of truth systems. In-depth knowledge of data engineering is required for this role. A primary focus will be the process automation between our internal systems and our clients (external systems) closely connected to the publicly facing APIs made available through our data platform.
The candidate must be willing to get into tactical execution of backlog items to assist the team and participate as needed to deliver on team reporting commitments.
- MS SQL 2017, 2019 knowledge (SQL, Stored Procedures, functions, jobs, etc.), database operations (backups/restores), Tabular and Cube Models (SSAS), SISS
- ETL/ELT Engineering via programing language (C#, SQL, etc.)
- Microsoft Azure Cloud data engineering (or equivalent)
- Proficiency with agile software development methodology
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Excellent time-management
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication ability
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, data-driven, and complex environment
- Servant leadership
- 8+ years managing enterprise data architecture
- 10+ years of MS SQL Experience
- Management of multiple data projects and priorities
- Required Experience
- Azure SQL
- Azure Data Factory/Synapse with a production environment
- Preferred Experience
- Azure Certifications for data engineering and architecture
- MS SQL Certifications
- Not required, but a huge plus
- Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Experience with TimeXtender
- Oversight of data architecture across all Internal Platforms/Systems
- Oversight of data management goals, standards, practices, process, and technologies across all Internal Platforms/Systems
- Oversight of Master Data Management (MDM) across all Internal Platforms/Systems
- Principal advocate for data governance polices
- Evangelist of data governance policies education to all stakeholders and employees at regularly intervals
- Collaboration on enterprise data architecture with other architects across product teams
- Data architectural design across all internal platform and systems
- Enforcement of data standards and best practice across internal platform
- Design and execute database and data warehouse components enabling best-in-class data lifecycle management processes
- Design and execute changes to data models, stored procedures, functions, views with input from BI developers and product owners
- Design blueprints for data management systems
- Determine how internal platform stores, manages, secures, and retrieves data
- Design and streamline processes of data collection, sharing, utilization, protection, cleaning, and storing; all the while maintaining efficiency and saving the company from inaccurate data handling
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the attributes of key business data and develop and maintain the data dictionary across all systems and products
- Work with the business and engineers to ensure the data dictionary terms are preserved across all systems and products
- Analyze business requirements and translate into technical data requirements
- Create and maintain logical and data models to support long-term solutions for the business areas and systems
- Analyze existing database queries and provide performance tuning recommendations
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.