It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey
The Opportunity – Data Analyst, Sales/BD/Support
FreshBooks is looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing Analytics team in the Americas. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner with business leaders, operational experts, frontline representatives across Sales, Business Development and Customer Support functions to fortify data-driven decision making at FreshBooks.
You'll bring your natural problem solving approach to this role, coupled with your passion and curiosity for complex data, a knack for translating data into insight, and love of communicating clear and concise information to non-technical users. You aren't afraid of getting your hands dirty, excited to dive into various data sources (sales, marketing, customer support, product usage, customer behaviors) and discover actionable insights that connect FreshBooks product value to Business Owners, as well as help drive internal team performance.
What you’ll do as a Data Analyst partnered with the FreshBooks Revenue Teams:
Business Reporting and Analysis
- Be a trusted data/analytics advisor to the Sales and Support Team, play a vital role in defining core business metrics and establishing baseline performance reporting, ensure accuracy of data and timely deliveries.
- Analyze key drivers to business performances, monitor trends, translate data signals into actionable insights and communicate to stakeholders.
- Measurement of various business initiatives, analyze what worked, what didn’t work, give data-based recommendations.
- Build and maintain interactive dashboards for self-serve usages.
- Leverage all available datasets (demographics, product usage, customer behavior, verbatim feedback, etc) to extract insights and learnings.
- Become subject matter expert on FreshBooks Sales and Support data, understand the nuances and complexities within the dataset, as well as the data flows.
- Work with Engineers/Sales/Support Operations to identify data/tracking requirements that will make reporting and analysis sustainable and efficient.
- Partner with Analytics Engineering/Data Product Managers in designing, building, development and maintenance of data products (data models, reporting systems and tools) to operationalize insights and learnings.
What you'll bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics, related quantitative field, or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years in data analytics and/or business intelligence
- Advanced knowledge of SQL & Python or similar technologies
- Experience using a dashboarding tool such as Looker, Periscope, Tableau, PowerBI etc.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Big Query, Looker is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, great attention to details, and a keen business sense
- Knowledge of Marketing and Sales funnel KPIs
- Knowledge of Zendesk, Pardot, Salesforce (or a similar CRM tool)
- Knowledge of sampling and A/B testing
- SaaS and B2B experience are nice to haves
What You’ll Love About Working Here:
- Three-week onboarding that brings you up to speed on our brand, product, and most importantly, our customers. It’s an awesome opportunity to dive in and understand what we’re all about and build your network within the company. Plus, there are prizes!
- Our ever-expanding, global team cares about making accounting incredibly easy for business owners around the world.
- Amazing growth and mentorship opportunities from a team with a laser-focused mission of shipping extraordinary experiences.
- Collaborative remote or hybrid model with a global team
- A work/life balance you can brag to your friends about:
- Two weeks parental paid leave and paid leave top-up
- Health & dental coverage tailored to your local office
- Generous time off – including vacation, volunteer, and innovation days
- Health and Wellness credits
- Learning and development opportunities that are both in-house and external
- Retirement savings programs matched to your local office
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- And finally, we have fun at work…Want to start a chess team? Awesome. Want to host a homemade-ice-cream-making Zoom night? Whatever your passion is, bring it to FreshBooks, tell others about it, and enjoy what you do every day.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one.
Sound like the next step in your career? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.