At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering career-change, online education in data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, coding, and cyber security. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we’re ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches — our end goal being to successfully help students transition into their dream jobs in new careers. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received by our students every year. We’re an analytical and data-driven, empathetic and supportive, well-funded series B company with ~200 employees.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Data Analyst for our new, quickly expanding, centralized data team. This person will work with a team of high-performing analysts, engineers, and cross-functional growth teams to build and enhance our data ecosystem. You will apply software engineering best practices to the production and maintenance of analytics code to clean and transform raw data into consumable information and business logic. You’ll have total ownership over various ETL tools, data models and warehouses, and a core segment of our BI reporting. Our main technology stack currently includes Segment, Google BigQuery, dbt, and Looker.
You will be responsible for constructing end-to-end data pipelines, building data products within our quickly evolving data marts, ensuring data governance, remediating data quality issues, performing exploratory data analysis, and helping to support analysts and business stakeholders to streamline delivery of insights from our data. Your work maintaining and improving our infrastructure and architecture will support analysts working across all functions, both in growth and in student success.
- Contributing to our data pipeline code, including dbt workflows and Looker instances.
- Maintaining and extending data warehouses, databases, and data systems
- Performing analysis to assess quality and meaning of data
- Using statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction
- Assigning numerical value to essential business functions so that business performance can be assessed and compared over periods of time.
- Analyzing local, national, and global trends that impact both the organization and the industry
- Preparing reports for the management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Working with programmers, engineers, and management heads to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise data governance strategies. Preparing final analysis reports for the stakeholders to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends. Support data governance and measurement standardization across the company
- Proactively and constructively question the status quo, influence change within the organization to enable growth
- Understand analytical objectives to make logical recommendations and drive informed actions.
- Uphold our high analytics standards and bring consistency to the codebases and processes you will encounter
- Have 3+ years of full-time work experience in analytics and/or business intelligence, as well as building data pipelines
- Have experience working with sales and marketing teams of a digital B2C product
- Enjoy data storytelling and distilling complex analysis into simple to understand representations
- Can take abstract and/or convoluted requests and refine them down to actionable tasks
- Are good at stakeholder management and managing expectations
- Are proficient with SQL; Preference for someone with experience with BigQuery, dbt, and ETL/ELT processes.
- Are practiced with data visualization tools and creating mission-critical dashboards to enable functional teams to make decisions [Bonus if you have Looker experience]Are accomplished working with Git, managing code repositories (Bitbucket), and setting up test automation.