Website Good Buy Gear
About GoodBuy Gear
GoodBuy Gear is the leading online marketplace for quality checked, secondhand and open box baby, toddler and kids gear. We’re reinventing how parents shop for their children by reducing consumerism and saving families time and money. We’re tackling this multi-billion dollar industry by putting parent’s needs first and are proud to give secondhand shopping the legitimacy and convenience it deserves to become a modern-day movement. Working at GoodBuy Gear feels like being on a high-functioning sports team. Everyone has an important and unique value to provide. Everyone knows their contributions have an impact. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company as we’re growing fast!
About the Role We’re seeking a motivated and energetic team player to join our fast-growing Customer Care team. The ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills to interact with customers throughout the day.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build positive customer relationships via amazing support over email, phone, SMS, social, and webchat. This includes answering general service/product/order questions, fielding customer complaints, processing refunds/returns, troubleshooting issues, and assigning or escalating issues when necessary
- Exceed customer expectations at every step of their GoodBuy Gear journey
- Provide constant feedback cross-functionally on what is working well and what areas need improvement to continuously improve the customer experience
You’ll be great for this role if you…
- Have at least 2 years experience working in a Customer Support role at a company that offers exceptional customer support with constant customer interaction
- Possess the ability to quickly deescalate situations by empathizing with the customer and keeping a positive attitude at all times
- Enjoy receiving feedback to strengthen your skills and grow within the company
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in a timely and professional manner at all times
- Get energy from and communicate well with people from all walks of life
- Consider yourself to be extremely comfortable with technology and willing to learn what you don’t already know
- Can work without strict guidance and oversight and trust your decision-making skills to make the right snap judgements linked to GoodBuy Gear’s values
- Have a great attitude! There’s no task too small or too large for you. What you don’t know, you’ll learn on your feet!
- Can thrive in a fast paced setting with frequent interruptions
- Love the creativity that comes with problem-solving and coming up with new solutions
- Have general knowledge of baby and kid gear
- Experience collaborating with Google Docs
- Previous experience with Shopify and Intercom is a plus
- Can efficiently work independently and remotely without interruptions