Website Axiom Zen
Dapper Labs, the creator of NBA Top Shot, is looking to hire a full-time Copywriter to join the in-house NBA Top Shot NFT creative team. The Top Shot Creative team at Dapper Labs is a multi-disciplinary group with specialties spanning strategy, concept, art direction, copy design and motion. We pride ourselves on fostering a dynamic, knowledge-sharing culture, with regular reviews and presentations. Our workplace is diverse, collaborative, and fast-paced. As a member of the team, you’ll have ownership over your work, get regular feedback to help you improve, and enjoy the freedom to champion new and fresh ideas. At Dapper, you’ll work on highly visible portfolio pieces, collaborate with team members across a multitude of disciplines, and defy the limits of what audiences can expect from our products each day. Together, we’ll define the future of NBA Top Shot. You will be a creative leader on that journey.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a Copywriter who can help maintain and expand the tone of NBA Top Shot. Your primary work will focus on writing copy for our groundbreaking NBA Top Shot Moments and our industry leading ‘Challenges’ events. From anthemic campaigns to brand guidelines to product copy, this role will also help to define our overall consumer facing voice. You’ll need to be fluent in both the digital space and the NBA world, able to capture the excitement of the product and communicate it to new and existing users. As a consummate word nerd, you know how to balance perfect grammar with the cadence of a brand’s tone, ultimately able to create a consistent voice across the entire product.
We will need you to:
- Meet critical deadlines and handle sudden changes to plans. Professional Basketball is an exciting and fast paced sport, and we must keep pace with it.
- Think conceptually.
- Write brand and tone-appropriate content across multiple media and projects.
- Explore widely and independently, generating a wide range of directions.
- Dive into the product, identifying opportunities and problems that we can solve using creative thinking and language.
- Provide options and rationale as your work is considered by teammates.
- Collaborate inclusively and openly with multi-disciplinary teammates.
- Work with the NBAT Top Shot creatives and Creative Director to support campaigns.
- Support the social and marketing teams on all written mediums, including social copy, emails, script writing, campaign development, and more.
- Work with our Content and LiveOps teams to make sure the brand is translated into the full experience.
What you’ll bring:
- Passion and the ambition to play a bigger and bigger role on NBA Top Shot.
- An array of writing experience – Brand, UX, Marketing, and Product.
- A passion for sports, and preferably, deep knowledge of the NBA and WNBA universes.
- Ability to apply a brand’s voice to various product or program areas.
- Ability to write copy across multiple digital contexts.
- Ability to synthesize, recognize patterns, and make sense of complex inputs.
- Fluid multi-disciplinary collaboration.
- Quality assurance for spelling and grammar.
- Positive, hands-on attitude.