Lime is the world’s largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
We are looking for a Contingent Workforce Specialist to support our Local Operation teams across North America, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. The Contingent Workforce Specialist provides strategies and tools for best using our labor to meet the demand of our customers. In this role, you will work to improve Lime’s operations through scalable hiring, product feature training, and supporting initiatives throughout our local operations. Properly managing our labor is critical to creating a sustainable business and driving our vision of greener, more connected cities. The ideal candidate is an effective and prompt communicator, strategic and creative problem solver, enjoys spotting trends in data, knows how to get buy-in and drive change, and is a team-first leader ready to tackle the many challenges in micromobility today.
This is a remote position within the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage Lime’s Contingent Workforce processes and support growing Labor needs while scaling operations
- Manage Lime’s relationship with Contingent Workforce and Temporary Labor provider(s)
- Audit Contingent Worker and Temporary Labor Payroll on a weekly basis
- Build training, SOPs, and documentation to help local teams monitor KPIs, understand actionable areas for improvement, and execute across Labor management
- Partner with various team(s) for contingent workforce recruitment and hiring needs
- Work with the Global Leads and Local Operations to create a vision and strategy for labor across the region
- Work closely with HQ teams on improving internal tools, developing new product features, and rolling out key initiatives
- Get stakeholders to buy into various initiatives, presenting data-driven business cases and proposed action plans
- Collect feedback from Local teams on processes and products needed to improve their operations
- Respond to various other workforce management tasks as assigned by Regional General Manager(s) and Global Lead(s)
- 2+ years combined experience in recruiting and/or HR, ideally in a startup or similar environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and align internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical mindset with a strong understanding of real-time marketplaces (supply and demand economics)
- Excel / Google Sheets/data management, SQL, Homebase, and dashboard creation proficiency a plus
- Empathy, always. You put your customer first and ensure their feedback is thoughtfully considered when building and improving.
- Ability to simplify difficult problems into actionable and solvable tasks
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Self-motivated, energetic, and driven individual with the desire to grow in the role
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- A position that offers a variety of career and resumes building experiences at the intersection of product and operations
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunities for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits