At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset – an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify – advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard – unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
We’re looking for an experienced Content Designer/UX Writer to join the Hopin Events Design team!
This is an opportunity to craft content strategy and UX writing for our Events product ecosystem, as an early member of the Content Design team. In this role, you’ll partner closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Events Leadership to provide strategic direction on high-priority projects. You’ll also craft elegant interface copy that distills complex concepts into clear, useful language.
You’ll champion our users, who range from seasoned event organizers to first-time hosts with varying levels of technical expertise, to attendees, to event sponsors. Your goal is to help them all thrive. All while helping grow the Content Design / UX Writing function at Hopin.
- Work with Design, Product, and Engineering teams, to create the words that guide Hopin’s product experiences
- Shape user flows, interactions, messaging, and microcopy within product interfaces
- Communicate complex product features and benefits in ways that speak up to our users and help them understand and use our products
- Express the Hopin brand through the product experience
- Build strategic product narratives for a diverse product portfolio
- Create, maintain, and implement style guides and shared nomenclature across Hopin
- Write using best practices for inclusivity and accessibility (e.g., l10n, a11y) to reach users worldwide
- Use metrics and research to advise and validate your work
- Change gears easily, working with different products and teams
- Help build the Content Design / UX Writing practice at Hopin
- Have 5+ years of experience working as a UX Writer or Content Designer / Strategist
- Have a portfolio of samples that demonstrate your skill and efficiency as a writer
- Can embrace the highly technical nature of Hopin and our products, and deliver intuitive solutions for our users
- Are relentlessly user focused
- Have a keen eye for detail in your work
- Can edit existing work or create new copy with input from stakeholders
- Can write everything the user experience requires, including navigation items, button labels, tool tips, headlines, intro copy, error messages
- Can embrace a fast-paced, iterative work environment
- Can integrate new design tools into your workflow
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- $1000 USD for Home-Office Set up
- $100 USD monthly remote work stipend
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
Where and How We Hire
Being a remote company enables us to hire the best talent around the world. We can engage with you in any of our jurisdictions listed below, all you need to do is demonstrate the legal right to work and be physically present in that country. Some roles may have specific workforce location requirements which will be noted on the job description.
- Entity: Canada, Germany, UK, USA
- Employer of Record: Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Australia
- Full Time Contractor (Self Employed): Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Denmark, Estonia, Honduras, Hungary, Jamaica, Kenya, Lithuania, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.A.E., Uruguay
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.