We’re looking for a Marketing Manager, Consumer to join POPSUGAR, within Vox Media! As a member of the marketing team, you’ll support and drive strategy and messaging for POPSUGAR's marketing programs that deliver on brand awareness and audience growth, company KPIs, and enable revenue for POPSUGAR. You’ll report to our Director, Consumer Marketing and Email.
WHO WE ARE
POPSUGAR is the go-to destination for diverse and undeniably cool women who crave wit and honesty in their everyday lives — from a fresh take on wellness, to the state of abortion rights, to deep dives on entertainment.
POPSUGAR is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop marketing strategies and approaches to deliver on company goals which include: increased brand recognition, audience engagement/retention, and revenue
- Work cross-functionally coordinating with Editorial, Design, Sales, Commerce, Brand Licensing, and Product to drive consumer messaging, experience, marketing efforts, and deliver on initiatives goals
- Partner with sales brand marketing on pre-sale marketing strategy for co-branded programs and serves as point person for all marketing and execution for sold co-branded marketing programs
- Support marketing initiatives for product launches and brand licensing initiatives
- Measure and analyze performance metrics and data
- Communicate performance metrics, insights, and trends for various cross-functional stakeholders and leverage KPI best practices and benchmarking to set new, ongoing project goals and optimizations
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years' experience in digital consumer marketing, editorial, media publishing, or communications.
- Excellent copywriting skills, with an editorial or campaign portfolio to prove it
- Solid analytical skills and facility with Excel and Google Analytics
- Comfortable analyzing data, presenting data to stakeholders, and actioning against data analysis
- Working knowledge of Photoshop highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, keen attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent time-management skills; must be flexible and able to adapt and react to business needs or change in direction in a fast-paced environment
- Out-of-the-box thinker who leverages a creative and strategic approach when developing new ways to market to our audiences
- Comfortable with the workflow for content creation and marketing
- Enjoys collaboration with multiple teams and external partners
- A personal passion for pop culture and lifestyle content
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is flex. We’re dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.