Website Specialists On Call
SOC Telemed (SOC) is the leading national provider of acute telemedicine technology and solutions to hospitals, health systems, post-acute providers, physician networks, and value-based care organizations since 2004. Built on proven and scalable infrastructure as an enterprise-wide solution, SOC’s technology platform, Telemed IQ, rapidly deploys and seamlessly optimizes telemedicine programs across the continuum of care. SOC provides a supportive and dedicated partner presence, virtually delivering patient care through teleNeurology, telePsychiatry, teleCritical Care, telePulmonology, teleCardiology, teleInfectious Disease, teleNephrology, teleMaternal Fetal Medicine and other service lines, enabling healthcare organizations to build sustainable telemedicine programs across clinical specialties.
The Coding Specialist performs Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and current ICD10 coding through abstraction of the medical record with a focus on more complex encounters and/or has expertise with HCPCs procedural codes. This position has deep understanding of medical processes, E & M services, telemedine services, and acts as a key collaborator with Providers and Clinical areas to ensure the medical record accurately reflets the patient’s service. This position helps provide feedback to physicians and other staff regarding documentation, billing, coding, and performs various administrative duties to support the roles core function. The Coding Specialist also demonstrates expertise to resolve coding edits.
- Assign codes to diagnoses and procedures utilizing all available documentation including abstract and code physician professional services and diagnosis, bedside procedures and diagnostic tests as needed
- Ensure codes are accurate and sequenced correctly with government and insurance regulations (CPT, HCPCSM ICD10) with a minimum quality standard of 95% accuracy while meeting and/or exceeding production standards
- Key point person for Revenue Cycle and Account Inquiry Unit staff in obtaining documentation including notes, facesheets, operative reports, drug treatment plans, etc.
- Confirm charges are captured by performing various reconciliations (procedure schedules, logs, and clinical system reports)
- Follow up with the provider on any documentation that is insufficient or unclear
- Identify opportunities for physicians and other staff regarding documentation, billing, and coding
- Make appropriate changes to incorrect billed services, add missing unbilled services, provide missing data as appropriate and correct CPT and ICD10 codes and modifiers
- Provide additional code and modifier information to assist with appealing denials
- Request Medical Record Notes, facesheets, any additional documentation from facilities or pull from EMR system
- Contact providers for peer-to-peer reviews
Education and/or Experience: (special training, certifications, college degree, etc.):
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (technical, interpersonal, etc.)
collaboration tools, and various operating systems.
with excellent attention to detail.
As part of its total compensation strategy, SOC Telemed provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits program is designed to provide you with the opportunity to select benefit options that best fit your lifestyle and personal choices.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid 1x Life and AD&D (Supplemental available)
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
- Paid Time Off
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave
- Military Leave Pay
SOC Telemed, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. a division of SOC Telemed.