Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
Under the direction of the Manager of Cloud Infrastructure the Cloud Administrator is responsible for using their technical expertise to design, implement, monitor, and support effective technology solutions that serve as the foundation for all hosted applications in the Software-As-A-Service (SaaS) environment for the benefit of the firm's customers. This may include providing the leadership to ensure that correct technologies are selected, appropriate architectures are designed/selected and implemented, and hardware and software solutions are correctly integrated and configured to meet agreed upon project requirements.
What We’re Looking For
- Higher education and/or supplemental industry training:
- Computer Science or Engineering
- AWS Certification: (AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate, or AWS Certified SysOps Associate)
- Required minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience in several of the following areas:
- Administration of Cloud IaaS providers (Azure, AWS, or GCP) AWS preferred
- Cloud monitoring tools and visualization systems such as Datadog, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Sumo Logic, Splunk.
- System administration of Windows and/or Linux
- Administration of containers using orchestration such as Kubernetes or ECS.
- Configuration management using Chef, Puppet, and/or Ansible
- SQL Administration, including Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.
- Scripting automation with tools such as PowerShell, Bash, or Python.
- Experience with Software Deployments using Continuous Integration and Delivery – CI/CD
Why We Need You
- Implement, monitor, and support cloud infrastructure and DevOps toolchains.
- Be a passionate advocate of DevOps principles and practices.
- Participate in 24-hour system monitoring and alarm remediation, including after-hours rotation
- Document and analyze alarms, identify points of failure, and see through to resolution any failures working with or escalating to the appropriate department if needed
- Utilize, manage, and maintain system and performance monitoring tools to ensure reliability (Datadog, New Relic, and Uptime.com)
- Participate in customer lifecycle utilizing existing change management procedures
- Participate in testing of software releases and security patches before deployment to production systems utilizing Infrastructure-As-Code and automation tools.
- Drive innovation and automation to increase efficiency and insure we are following a DevOps approach to system maintenance and problem solving.
- Assist with software deployments driven by Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Interface daily with internal and external support groups to promote DevOps adoption and processes.
- Facilitate escalation as required for service issues
- Mentor junior team members about DevOps principles and practices.
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.