We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Client Success department look like?
At the core of it, Client Success at Bench is a people-centric and client-facing team focused on helping business owners in the US gain financial mastery. As a Client Success Specialist on our Retention Team, solving tough problems for clients and Benchmates is the space you thrive in, and you’re able to pivot quickly to support the ever-changing needs of a tech company. You genuinely care for supporting people, are tech-savvy, and have an articulate phone presence that conveys confidence. You are able to operate and excel in a fast-paced environment, and sustain a high-volume workflow. You have a knack for balancing client needs with the needs of the business.
What you’ll get up to:
- Retain clients by objection handling and problem-solving their questions and concerns, while providing the best possible experience
- Own parts of the client journey by facilitating client requests that range from billing changes and cancellation requests to experience-related issues with input from other teams
- Regularly collaborate and communicate cross-departmentally to resolve client escalations while quarterbacking the overall client experience with solution-driven dialogue and problem-solving
- Utilize platforms like our Bench App, SalesForce, SalesLoft, Stripe, Google Workspaces, and Slack to complete daily tasks
- Manage your own pipeline of cases. Balancing flexible workflows with structured tasks and cadences to execute client requests through phone, emails, texts, and more.
- Supporting team with admin tasks. This includes managing Client Success Inbox, Retention help Channel in Slack, and the Inbound Phone Queue.
- Target-driven. Responsible for contributing to ambitious team OKRs while striving towards your own individual targets
- Providing and receiving feedback no matter which stage of development you’re in
- Using your prioritization skills to effectively multi-task during high volume periods
- Contribute to designing and improving processes and materials while identifying opportunities for improvement
What you’ll need:
- Client-first Mentality – Whether requesting to cancel or expressing frustrations, our reps go the extra mile for our clients and take the time to ensure they feel heard, valued, and supported. This means listening more than talking, asking that one additional question, and understanding that it’s not about you, it’s about the resolution.
- Resilience – When clients and Benchmates have issues, they come to us for guidance. We’re looking for people who can withstand the highs and lows of client emotions. Not every client interaction is positive, and a rep’s ability to empathize and stay confident is a major piece of how we turn a client’s experience around.
- Communication – We problem-solve every day and, as the quarterback of many of these conversations, clear and concise communication (verbal and written) is key.
- Organization – We’re juggling different tools and workflows, and with a pipeline of 30-70 cases at a time, having the ability to effectively organize and prioritize your workflow allows reps to widen their impact across the team.
- Natural-Detective Drive – Much of our job is discovery. If a problem occurs, we're there to help figure out where the break happened and repair that relationship. Having a natural drive to problem-solve, ask questions, and find a solution that's best for all parties involved is imperative.
- Frontline Customer Experience – 1+ years of experience in customer facing roles. We speak with people! A lot. Having past experience assisting people with concerns, questions, and feedback is an asset.
- Team Player – Ability to work independently and Team-based. We have a strong team-environment where questions and support are a constant. Just as important as being able to work as a team is being able to execute your individual workflow. High performers have a “Get-it-done” attitude and take ownership of their own pipeline.
It could be an even better fit if you are:
- Adaptable – Retention in Bench is an ever-changing environment and reps need to be able to adapt to new workflows, tools, and client problems. We often need to quickly implement new process changes, so fast learners are a major plus!
- Forever a Student – Having a desire to constantly learn and grow while maintaining a low ego is the type of person who excels in this role, and at Bench in general!
- Self Motivated – With so many moving parts, there’s little available to micromanage a rep’s performance. Our most successful reps are those who are motivated to do great work on their own and provide constant feedback (both positive and constructive).
- Adept Time Manager- You will be receiving scheduled phone calls, spearheading conversations within Slack channels, and managing your own caseload. There's always something that could shift your focus so ensuring you're able to prioritize is essential.
- Solution-driven problem solver – We’re always dealing with the next problem and we love having creative thinkers who drive towards solutions. Reps who are humble and care about the end result will have a major impact.
What you’ll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary for this role is $44,400 per year, with a variable pay bonus of $5,000.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, unlimited paid flex days, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get unlimited access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups – groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- Bench is moving towards being a fully remote organization and we're in the process of closing our Vancouver HQ. We are looking at alternative solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- We currently focus our hiring efforts in the following provinces: British Columbia, and Alberta as working hours are aligned to those times zones. If you are open to work 8:00 am to 4:00 pm PST, in your respective time zone, then we are open to considering folks in Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
- You'll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund, to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.