At Cerebral, we’re on a mission to improve access to long-term, high-quality mental health care for all. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves to get the care they need. And how are we doing this? By making care convenient and accessible and tackling the stigma that surrounds mental illness.
Since launching in January 2020, we have gone from a team of 5 to over 3,000 team members across the United States and in the United Kingdom working hand-in-hand to transform access to high-quality mental health care at scale. Our team will not stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality mental health care without the high cost, long wait times, and stigma. Simone Biles, world champion gymnast, and mental health advocate joined Cerebral as our Chief Impact Officer to help further our mission.
We are the fastest mental health company ever to achieve unicorn status, having raised over $462 million and achieving a valuation of $4.8 billion in under two years. Cerebral’s investors include SoftBank Venture Fund 2, Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, Chris Burch, WestCap, and Oak HC/FT.
It is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
The Chief of Staff to the Heads of Product and Engineering is responsible for leading and partnering on special projects for areas which the Heads of Product and Engineering personally oversee (or have a keen interest in). These are high-impact special projects and initiatives that seek to materially improve how the Product and Engineering teams operate and deliver best-in-class products and care for our clients. The Chief of Staff will also be entrusted with closely monitoring progress towards goals and OKRs.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Cerebral:
- Support accountability for key initiatives and deliverables owned by teams that report to the Heads of Product and Engineering. Create a structure to improve visibility with and accountability between the Heads of Product and Engineering and direct reports.
- Handle the oversight of critical projects of importance to the Heads of Product and Engineering that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility. Need a real general athlete here with a “no job is too small” attitude.
- Create content for internal and external purposes (company presentations, investor presentations, external interviews and appearances, key mtgs, emails, etc.).
- Set meeting agendas, distribute preparation materials, ensure appropriate timing and prioritization of key topics and decisions, track and follow up on key actions
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering leadership to own planning team off-sites, training, and key meetings
- Tighten and improve the way we communicate internally to create visibility and engagement across the tech organization
Who you are:
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Top tier management consulting or investment banking firm experience
- Experience working at a high growth tech company
- Solid analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems, build scalable processes
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Bonus: Previous experience as a Chief of Staff, or in a special projects role
- Bonus: Interest and/or experience with product and engineering teams
Who we are (our company values):
- Client-first focus – Relentless focus on improving client experience & the quality of care
- Results and data-driven – Reach goals by making data-led decisions with measurable results
- Ownership – Accountable for hitting our goals & delivering on commitments
- High velocity – Strong bias for action, enabling us to quickly adapt & win in a fast-changing market
- Mission-drive experimentation – Iteratively experiment with new ideas, products, & services to help advance our mission
- Lead with empathy – Demonstrate the same level of compassion for one another as we show for our clients
- Deep, hands-on leadership – Leaders stay connected to the details of their operations & believe no task is beneath them
What we offer:
- Mission-driven impact:
- Shape the future of the #1 largest and fastest growing online mental health care company in the world
- Build a platform that is improving the lives and well-being of hundreds of thousands of people (and counting)
- Join a community of high achievers who have a passion for promoting mental health, including our Chief Impact Officer, Simone Biles!
- Path to develop & grow:
- Bi-annual performance reviews & opportunities for promotions – as Cerebral grows, so should you. We build your goals together and forge a career path that is right for you
- Remote-first model: Work virtually from anywhere in the US
- Competitive compensation & benefits:
- Total compensation includes equity/stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k provided to all employees
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage taking the time you need to relax and recharge
- Top-tier wellness benefits and perks, including bi-quarterly mental health days (8 per year), No-Meeting-Wednesdays, holistic monthly wellness stipend, and access to on-demand health & wellness content
- $200 WFH reimbursement
- Culture & connectivity:
- Virtual social events (e.g., happy hours) enable us to build a sense of community and connect on a more personal level
- Monthly peer-to-peer recognition allowance via Bonusly allows team members to reward one another for values-aligned contributions
- Optional in-person company retreats provide an opportunity to augment team-building and celebrate our successes together
Cerebral is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.