Clari uses AI and automation to drive growth and retention for high-performing revenue teams. Clari’s market-leading Revenue Operations Platform is currently processing over $300 billion in pipeline each year, and is used by over 100,000 marketing, sales, and customer success professionals across 170 countries. Customers include market leaders like Adobe, Zoom, Qualtrics, UiPath, Okta, and Workday. We constantly hear from our customers that Clari is required equipment, and that we’ve changed their lives and the trajectory of their businesses. It never gets old, and we never take it for granted. Together, we help others realize their fullest potential by transforming their revenue operations to be connected, efficient, and predictable.
About this role
The Business Operations team is on a mission to identify and unlock “0 to 1” initiatives that provide the business with high option value. These are high leverage, strategic projects across the business – from operations, GTM, product, marketing, board/investors, special projects, and everything in between. We take the problem seriously, but not ourselves too seriously. Ultimately it is about building trust and making change.
As the Business Operations & Strategy Senior Manager, you will drive strategic initiatives across the company. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team, at the ground level, and have a massive impact on creating the function. You will partner closely with leadership on special projects and big bets that will steer us to long-term success. The ideal candidate is an ex-consultant with SaaS or Tech experience keen to turn strategy into execution through strategic programs and operations.
∙ Thrive in ambiguity: Every initiative will be new, changing, full of surprises. We define what our priorities are, and pivot accordingly. We don’t get rattled by change.
∙ Enjoy the cutting edge: Each topic will be new. There is no ‘expert’ to rely on – we learn, create the expertise, then educate the rest of the organization.
∙ Enjoy the breadth of new things: We have to be comfortable as novices in a topic, and have the intellectual flexibility to work across all topics and functions.
∙ Highly objective, structured thinker: We often use frameworks to evaluate decisions, pressure test our/others’ POVs, and are okay being wrong.
∙ Communicate well: Both written and verbal are critical because this is about codifying a perspective and communicating to / implementing it with others.
∙ Enjoy developing a POV from scratch: Start from first principles, gather data, gather input, propose a set of options, propose a crawl-walk-run approach.
∙ You have a ‘hands-on’ / ‘just do it’ approach: “0 to 1” is no joke. This group is a true blue ocean – make something from nothing, and execute to make it a reality!
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- Diligence & POV generation: Take an ambiguous research question or problem or opportunity, gather the relevant insights, develop a POV, make recommendations
- Project management: Design, execute, and manage strategic initiatives across all stakeholders across the company, ensuring accountability and outputs
- Ad hoc fixing & assisting: Dive into hairy situations on an ad hoc basis and help with ‘hands-on’ improvements or an advisory capacity
- Asset creation: Create analyses, marketing materials, playbooks, training materials, visual roadmaps, etc. to simplify complex ideas into digestible formats
- Deal support: Jump into deals to de-risk new ideas, gather insights and help generate ARR while developing new capabilities for the business
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work lock-step with all functions. Develop a deep understanding of Clari use cases, end-user needs, field needs, and product needs
- Learning loops & KPI management: Own the latest perspective, improve on it, develop SMART KPIs, and drive towards KPIs
- Executive presentations: Constantly present to, gather input from, and cater to executives across the various functions. Be a valuable partner
- 5-10 years of experience in a strategy, business operations, innovation, and new initiatives role
- Consulting background from a top consulting firm with exposure to a wide range of business problems; SaaS / Sales / Startup experience is a plus
- Proven record of project management in high ambiguity, high flexibility environments
- Proven record of success launching “0 to 1” projects and executing on them
- Clear evidence of both “first-principles thinking” and “thinking by analogy”
- Experience with a wide variety of business levers to drive business growth
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and present it to different audiences in clear and effective ways
- Excellent project management, critical, and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to work across the entire company, from executive staff to individual contributors in sales, engineering, and marketing – to drive rapid, cross-functional projects and deliverables
Benefits and Culture
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Internet, phone, and wellness reimbursements
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility support
- 401(k) and college savings plan
- Pre-IPO stock options