We’re looking for an enthusiastic and highly capable individual to join our Mobile Team.
Day to day you will build mobile apps using our Premium events platform for events worldwide. You will be primarily responsible for configuring our mobile apps using our iOS, Android, and Mobile Web platforms working in cross functional teams. Apart from contributing to many successful client projects at a time, you will also be writing code for iOS / Android and fixing bugs. You will be contributing to yearly Apple / Google OS upgrades and keeping up to date on the latest technology updates impacting our business.
Successful developers on our team are excellent multi-taskers who thrive in rapidly changing environments, highly organized, self motivated, solution-oriented problem solvers who love programming in Mobile apps.
This is a full-time remote position. Please note that we can only consider candidates who reside in Canada with valid working status and are looking for someone to work Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Eventbase has set the gold standard for live event technology for more than a decade. We power mobile event apps for global brands including Salesforce, Cisco, SAP, Deloitte and Charles Schwab. We also build official mobile apps for massive events including South By Southwest (SXSW) and National Retail Federation Big Show, as well as three Olympic Games. Eventbase has been recognized with more awards than any other event app platform, including being named winner of “Best Event App” at the Event Technology Awards five times.
We are driven by our mission: to bring people together for the magic of live events, and we’re proud that our industry-leading products have been at the heart of exceptional live events around the world since 2009. Millions of attendees across thousands of events have held Eventbase’s product in their hand as they walked the conference floor, participated in sessions and interacted with others onsite. Our team has a track record of pioneering breakthrough live event technology, and there are more exciting innovations to come. The event industry is being reinvented in the wake of Covid-19, and Eventbase is uniquely positioned to play a key role in this new world of events. We’re moving forward with our vision to shape the future of live event experiences.
Are you ready to join the industry leader in live event technology?
What You’ll Do
- Use our iOS & Android native mobile products to setup new or existing client apps
- Configure mobile apps as per client specifications using our Web platform & mobile integrations
- Build apps for distribution on Apple Store / Play Store as per our clients needs
- Closely work with mobile developers, QA, Design, Project Managers
- Hands on development in iOS Objective C/ Swift using XCode
- Hands on development in Android Java/Kotlin using Android Studio
- Hands on development using Git, Bitbucket, Charles Proxy, Carthage, Postman
- Work with a Kanban/Scrum Agile team using JIRA workflows
- Debug and troubleshoot issues found by QA
- Keeping all feature documentation up to date
- Follow best practices for software development in iOS / Android
- Continually training, learning software development with guidance from Seniors & courses online
- Configure Push notifications, Beacons, Maps, Analytics
- Management of our application’s SQLite databases
- Provide client support in the form of tools training, onsite (travel temporarily suspended) or on call
- Support Project Managers on troubleshooting technical client calls
What You Bring
- Bsc. in Comp. Sci or equivalent
- Have experience using SQL databases and data manipulation
- Demonstrable ability to multitask, prioritize and meet hard deadlines
- Doesn’t compromise on quality
- Ability to enjoy the fast-paced environment where events happen
- Superb attention to detail
- Self-motivated & taking ownership of things
- Has “can-do” attitude & an awesome team player
- Great observation, thinking big & documentation mindset
- Loves travelling or supporting our clients via on-call
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication skills
- Have a focus on continual learning of new technologies