At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s mobile infrastructure teams are responsible for creating & maintaining the foundational systems that engineers rely on in order to build stable, scalable, polished and efficient apps. We relentlessly focus on the developer experience by providing engineers with flexible tooling that allows them to innovate rapidly on our user experience. We are looking for enthusiastic engineers with experience building productivity tools for Android to create fast, reliable infrastructure and support a growing Android team.
- Work within our Mobile Infra teams and create and maintain foundational building blocks of our infrastructure
- Create tools and services to build and test apps quickly and generally make engineers more productive
- Dive into the source of existing tools, fork, contribute to the open source technologies we build on
- Explore, prototype, and implement prospective ideas/technologies for further scaling our infrastructure such diving deep into Bazel remote execution or investigating new platform capabilities
- Unblock and engage with our large mobile development organization
Experience & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin or Java, experience with Android app development
- Experience of supporting Bazel (preferred), Gradle or Buck based projects
- Experience maintaining a high performance CI pipeline
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services and working with various data stores is a plus
- Experience in building command-line tools and/or working with Android Studio
- Deep understanding of unit testing
- Track record of pursuing self directed side projects or open source projects
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.