Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
To support Tala for All via the Android Group becoming more consistent over time, better able to deliver product and ensuring quality for the platform going forward.
What you’ll do:
- Integration into the technical “slice” of Android.
- Reduction of incidents stemming from lack of knowledge transfer.
- Transformation into subject matter expert in the “slice”.
- Positive contributions to peers in terms of onboarding, day-to-day help, PRs.
- Increased satisfaction among Android clients (Product, Program).
- Android, Kotlin, Rx, Retrofit/OkHttp, Dagger, architectural patterns MVVM and MVP, CLEAN design including repos and use cases, modularization, unit testing and integration testing
- Jetpack Compose, MVVM, Jetpack navigation and Coroutine Flows